Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

Some time passed from the last activity in this topic.

I've just installed PD15 by upgrading from PD13. While installing Adorage I received the error message saying: "ShellExecute"Adorage.exe" 2: The specified file was not found". Then did reinstall with the same effect. After that inspected self-extracting archive of Adorage and found out that Adorage.exe doesn't exist in it at all. Perhaps in this version as a plugin for PD it is not necessary, but installation program assumes that it works with stand alone version (My guess, since I don't know Adorage versions).

The next fault of Adorage is that it assumes that you work on the administrative account from which you installed it. Very bad. Some vital files are installed in AppData\Roaming\ of the admin account. So, when you have your Windows installation configured properly and you work on User account, the Adorage filter in PD won't work properly. Simply it won't show available filters.

How to make Adorage working for you? Just change your Standard User Windows account into Adminstrator. Install Adorage and change the account type back to Standard User. Now you have Adorage filters installed in a folder which is accessible by your particular Windows account.

Having done installation like this, I got access to all settings and filters of Adorage plug-in.
Another solution is to reinstall codecs: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=507. As MS states it canfix problems of previous installations.
It should work with wmv 9. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992 and try to use the fix tool from this page.
Quote:
It works perfectly !! This should be sticky or in the FAQ ! It's too bad Cyberlink couldn't give this solution sooner themselves.........i guess they didn't even know it.......

This is what I discovered this morning myself... And since then they already know
Finally got it and it worked!
On Windows, logged to your account go to menu Start > Run and type regedit. Be careful now, since you operate on the Windows registry.
Find the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink\CES_FunctionLogger\Data.
All the listed entries should be of value 0x00000000 (0). If any of them is not change it to 0. This will be the production profile which produces the message "Production unsuccessful... blah, blah, blah..."
In my case everything worked fine until a crash during certain mp4 production. After that incident the message "Production unsuccessful... blah, blah, blah..." started to appear. It is completely misleading message since I could produce mp4's before the crash and all the drivers and software were up to date and after they didn't...
The most interesting is that the crash happened during 1980x1080/25p (16Mbps) production and the problem occurs only with 1980x1080 Productions. With other mp4 productions everything works fine.
The problem seems to be connected to the Windows account I work with. It doesn't exist on other accounts.
Go to: