Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You would think so, but I've gone through all the settings and it's not there. It seems to be a bug, and a very annoying one, that every time you want to pause/resume your movie, you have start all over and waste 2 minutes going through all the notices and warnings and menus. The prior versions of PowerDVD didn't have this problem.
I upgraded to PowerDVD 13 from version 11. I use it to watch ripped DVD's/Blu-Ray's on my laptop. With v11, when you close the laptop lid (suspend) and re-open it, playback continues. However, with v13, even though it's playing a movie on my local hdd, when I open the laptop PowerDVD is back at the home screen. The movie is not playing and I need to restart the movie at the beginning, go through all the menus and other stuff, and then search for where the playback left off. If you're watching a movie on the plane and regularly have to pause playback, it's very annoying to have to go through the whole process every time you suspend.

How can you get v13 to work like v11, so that when you suspend the laptop while it's playing a movie, that when you resume the movie is still open, or at least has a 'resume' option?
Half the Blu-Ray discs I get are unwatchable because they try to force you to watch 20 minutes of commercials before they let you get to the menu. Fortunately, every decent Blu-Ray player provides a way to bypass this and skip straight to the menu so you can start the movie. The physical players usually have upgradeable firmware. And all the software players I've tried, except PowerDVD, let you skip the commercials. But, with PowerDVD, when you put a Blu-ray disc in and the commercials start, the 'title menu', 'root menu', the jump to a specific title, etc., are all grayed out and disabled, so there's no way to actually start the movie!

So unless you've got nothing else to do with your life than mindlessly start at 20 minutes of commercials before being allowed to watch your movie, it's impossible to watch Blu-Ray movies on PowerDVD, and PowerDVD just isn't a viable option for Blu-Ray. But, I still buy PowerDVD *ONLY* because I'm trying to learn Spanish and PowerDVD is the only media player that let's you watch Spanish movies with both English and Spanish sub-titles (the other major media players don't have secondary sub-titles). So I have to use PowerDVD for Spanish DVD's only, and another media player for Blu-Ray's.

I just upgraded to version 12 hoping PowerDVD would have finally fixed this glaring problem of the 'grayed out menu/title' options, so I could use PowerDVD for Blu-Ray's too, but the problem still exists, so PowerDVD still isn't viable for Blu-Ray.

Are you guys EVER going to fix this so PowerDVD will let you skip the commercials, like the other Blu-Ray software players do?
Go to: