Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I know it's not a media player, but how the hell are you meant to make cuts on the beat of music etc, if you can't preview it properly?
Sorry to bring this up again, but this is the BS I have to put up with...

All converted to AVI using Cineform, or Magic+PD.

No effects/enhancments, apart from fade transitions.Only

Only set to High Quality Preview.Sure my machine should be able to handle this???

Surely you must not have to go out and buy the best expensive desktop, just to edit a basic video?

Sample Preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8EenGgS2c&feature=youtu.be

Stops/stutters/and impossible to edit to music beats, as the preview doesnt keep up. Frustrating!!!
Sorry to bring this up again, but this is the BS I have to put up with...

All converted to AVI using Cineform, or Magic+PD.

No effects/enhancments, apart from fade transitions.Only

High Quality Preview.Sure my machine should be able to handle this???

Surely you must not have to go out and buy the best expensive desktop, just to edit a basic video?

Sample Preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8EenGgS2c&feature=youtu.be

Stops/stutters/and impossible to edit to music beats, as the preview doesnt keep up.

Frustrating!!!
Quote: waddaup?

looking at your dxdiag.txt

your C(ssd) drive is too small. my opinion of course.

minimum that i recommend is 320GB.

why? - better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it!

PD asks 100GB space for virtual memory...

2nd is even though your PD14U is build 14.0.2820.0

your dxdiag.txt says otherwise. build 14.0.2302.0 !

so try to re-update to build 2820 and reinstall divx & quicktime while at it.

i don't do AVI, it's old and dull...

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Hi Pepsiman, cheers for your input.

Seeing you think my SSD is too small, should I try installing onto me D disk drive?

PD asks for 100GB space, I have that plus plenty more on my D drive.

I am just trialling the trial version of PD15, still pretty bad - do you think I will just have the same issues with any other editing software? (Although gopro studio works great, but just very limited features)

I am only converting to AVI first, as everyone here is saying the its much easier for PD to work with, Hell I dont like the extra step to have to convert, Id rather not have to.
F#%KEN POWER DIRECTOR!
Quote: Your C: drive is an SSD with relatively low free space whereas your 2TB D: drive has more space. I would consider moving as much as practicable across onto D: even if it meant uninstalling and re-installing a few apps.

I agree with Barry about using CCleaner to tidy your system up. The first time I used it, it changed my sluggish laptop that I was completely frustrated with into what felt like a new machine. I take it you are aware that some people say you should not attempt to defrag SSD's. I find that leaving Windows to look after the drives works but that is a long thorny discussion in itself smile

The ~10 error reports seem to indicate among other things that PowerDirector has been crashing. Perhaps it would be a good idea to uninstall it and reinstall.

CHeers Mate,

I have only really got main/frequently used apps on my SSD, but there may be a few I could uninstall and reinstall on the D drive.

Yes, Powerdirector crashes ALL the time, frustrating.

I have a better time editing footage on my phone with imovie, which seems so wrong!
I actually find it a smoother/easier process downloading my drone footage to my phone, and editing it with imovie on my iphone6!

Way faster and smoother editing experience!
Quote: Now that it is out, you might benefit from Windows 10 Anniversary Edition to get rid of some of the errors.

Also set your computer performance to High Performance rather than "Balanced"

Cheers Mate, not sure how to go about this windows 10 Anniversary Edition, is it a free upgrade?

Also, battery mode is already set to High Performance.
Quote: Actually you have 2 graphics "cards".
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, the M designating Mobile, of course.
You will have to wait for members more clever than I to perhaps get some headway on your performance issues.
I can add, though, that using something like Piriform CCleaner and Defraggler to clean junk files and defrag your drives MAY offer some relief at no cost.

Cheers, I have CCleaner - and pretty new computer, with stuff-all on it really!
Quote: I am NOT the expert on the dxdiag, but I do see a number of FAULTS at the bottom of your file.
Some folks here will say your issue is you are using a laptop, and there is reason to prefer the power of a desktop, as PowerDirector can be very resource hungry.
That being said you seem to have a decent machine, and I would think shadow files would be sufficient. Keep in mind as you make corrections of color, speed, stabilize, lens correction, or FX, the more actions you pile into the timelines, your machine will struggle more and more. Heck, my desktop specs are fairly robust and I have taken to shadow files for 30P Full HD at 24MB, not exactly cutting-edge video these days.
Let's hope some others will jump in and shed some light on your issues.

Top man, thank you and appreciate your input!

Another thing is, I can't get PD14 to use my gtx960 GPU. I know there is a work around to getting it to use it, but I've never had much luck.
Hey Barry,Copy that - Please see attached (if I have done correctly)

Version Build: 14.0.2820.0

99.9% of the clips I use are MP4 Video File (.MP4), from DJI phantom, or GoPro Cameras.

99.9% of the time they are 1920x1080p, as I have no need for 2.7k etc...

I have been experimenting with converting to AVI via Cineform/Magic+PD - As I have always struggled with editing the original clips (and yes, I move them onto my computer first )
Cheers,

Just installed the most recent patch/update, and seems to be saving with the logo now.
Hey Team,

I am getting a bit fed-up with small issues I am encountering with powerdirector.

My latest couple are:

Everytime I try and add/apply a 'time-shift' under the speed adjustment, PD14 just crashes...

Example here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrOHxuKZjA&feature=youtu.be

The Next, is - the odd time I can get it to work, the preview is absolute shit when it his the 'time-shift' part. And thats even with files converted to AVI in MAGIC+PD, shadow-files off, and only High-res preview settings.

Where-as if I use Gopro cineform as a comparison, that previews sped-up clips no worries!!!

I can provide sample of this if needed.
Hi Team,

When I save-as any of my projects, I just get a blank file logo - instead of the PDR logo I used to get?

Any tips?
While I find this to be an awesome tool, one frustration is that when this window is open, and you are creating a time-shift, there is no project audio.

Reason for me wanting the audio to be in there, is so you can speed/time-shift parts of my footage to certain slots of sounds/music in my project audio. And with no audio in this window, it takes a lot of in/out of that window, shuffling the time-shift to suit the audio I want it to relate to.

If that doesnt make much sense, a short clip below shows some time-shift segments where the footage is sped up to suith the music.

Is there any way to get my projects audio into the video speed window to make things a bit easier?

Sample - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBFBZxOqZcw
Quote:
Quote:
And when I go to the default MP4 settings, there is no 1920x1080 30P??? Should I just manually change it to 30fps/29.97?

As the default MP4 1920x1080 only has 24P/25O/120P

No 30p because your Country format setting is set to PAL in your "Produce" window, if you want 30p, change the setting to NTSC.

Jeff

Ahhhh, Got ya! Cheers for that - Missed that!
Thanks Guys, makes sense!

A bit of a trick looking out for that Bitrate, especially if PD is lying about it!

I normally produce as H.264,MP4. But also now see there is a H.265 setting???

And when I go to the default MP4 settings, there is no 1920x1080 30P??? Should I just manually change it to 30fps/29.97?

As the default MP4 1920x1080 only has 24P/25O/120P
I have been fiddling with this file from my DJI Phantom Standard, but can seem to get a good result for Direct Facebook upload etc...

I know its a bit washed out anyway, as sun not out etc...

But still, struggling with getting this kind of file to look ok.

1920x1080 29.97fps, 3.0Mbps bitrate

Original file should be able to be accessed here, in my dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/geldzet38fwavbn/DJI_0008.MP4?dl=0

And it would seem you would have to download/save the file - as it is shit if you play it in the dropbox player.
Quote: Not sure if this is what you want. Nothing is disposed of. You can right mouse click on a clip in the media library and choose Detect Scenes or Edit using content aware editing. This may help with your clip selection.

Cheers, might have a play with that then...
Quick Question,

Is it possible to split media content into smaller clips, prior to inserting into the timeline?

REason being, its pretty fiddly inserting long clips into the timeline, then having to scroll and chop them up etc...

Oldskool Windows Movie Maker you could, it would split the clip where the media content sat, and you could dispose of what you didnt want, then drag them into time line - but that was some time ago - havent used that in years!
Go to: