Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Hal,

Thanks very much for the response. That is a great idea, the problem is that the initial text is pretty small and I'd really want to zoom. But I learned about a new effect, so thanks also for that!

Ok, silly (?) question, how the heck to you make that nice video? Do you use a screen capture, or do you actually point a videocamera at your computer screen? That was really nice and I appreciate the effort.
Hi and thanks very much for helping here!

I *think* I am having the same problem w/ Zoom Out that I was having w/ User Defined, but I am not sure if I am doing it right. Here is what I did.

I highlighted my image on the Timeline, and then selected Magic Motion. THen I clicked Motion Designer. This brings up the Magic Motion Designer window, w/ my image in there and the sizing box. The sizing box is 16x9, and it has 8 tiny white squares for sizing the box, and a blue diamond for moving the box. The problem is that when I try to grab the white re-sizing squares, the sizing box grows and shrinks appropriately, but I cannot seem to undo the box's 16x9 ratio. For ex, in PowerPoint, resizing from the corners would allow the image to keep its proportions, but resizing from the sides would allow changes in proportions.

Is this making any sense? I have this nagging feeling I am very close to getting this to work but I can't quite get there.

Thanks again, I very much appreciate people taking time to help me out!
Hi,

I made an earlier post but I have read the guidelines since. I'll try to
post a more descriptive and compliant question!

I am running PD10 Ultra. My computer is Windows 7 w/ 8Gb RAM.

I have an image of a program (jpg) from a kiddie event w/ all the events listed.
I want to crop the image around my kid's name, and then zoom out smoothly
to show the whole image.

I see that the Crop Image tool allows "Freeform" sizing, so I can crop very
closely to the region in the image that I want. This way, I can crop to
show just my kid's name, and not be restricted to a 16x9 shape, or a 4x3 shape.
That is great. But then I want to smoothly zoom out to show the whole image,
which is a 16x9 jpg. Magic Motion seems to have a nice User Defined effect
where I can select the beginning crop and the ending crop. The ending crop
(whole image) works great. But I don't seem to be able to choose a Freeform
size for my initial crop (the one where I want to crop just the selected
part of the image).

Does anyone know a way to convince Magic Motion to allow a Freeform shape
(or the equivalent) for the initial crop, or a different solution to
the issue?

THanks very much!
Hi, I have a question about this. I see in the Crop Image tool allows "Freeform" sizing. I would like implement a User Defined Magic Motion effect w/ a picture. Starting with one cropping (zoom) of a photo, and panning to another. I want these crop settings to be Freeform though. And I don't see a way to get the Magic Motion / User Defined combination to allow a Freeform geometry for the image crops. Is there any way to do that? Thanks!
Go to: