Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's the quickest, easiest way to add pan/zoom to an individual photo?
Charlie23 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Orlando, FL Joined: Nov 18, 2011 13:22 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I know you can use slideshow creator but I have a project with some video and now I've interspersed about 10 photos and I like to add a little bit of movement to them, like pan/zoom just to make them more interesting. I've read the manuals and looked at the tutorials and thru some trial and error have gotten some movement but it's not obvious to me what the "go to" way of doing this is....suggestions?

PS ...this program is really fun! Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 16 GB RAM
Intel Core i7 2600k
nVidia GTX 560i
PD 10 build 1129b
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Charlie -

One of the ways you can add motion to an image is to use Magic Motion - you can use the default motion paths, customise them, or create your own.

This tutorial shows the use of Magic Motion http://www.youtube.com/user/ynotfish77?feature=mhee#p/u/33/exuj2dhRZjY

There are other ways to do it. This is just one.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Charlie23 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Orlando, FL Joined: Nov 18, 2011 13:22 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks...I see now! BTW, your videos and tutorials are really helpfull to people like me just learning the program! Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 16 GB RAM
Intel Core i7 2600k
nVidia GTX 560i
PD 10 build 1129b
JB2012 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Joined: Feb 23, 2012 20:47 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have a question about this. I see in the Crop Image tool allows "Freeform" sizing. I would like implement a User Defined Magic Motion effect w/ a picture. Starting with one cropping (zoom) of a photo, and panning to another. I want these crop settings to be Freeform though. And I don't see a way to get the Magic Motion / User Defined combination to allow a Freeform geometry for the image crops. Is there any way to do that? Thanks!