Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your fist post. I'm making 1:1 copies my blu-rays and can only get some of them to play. After some reading on AVS there is some speculation that PowerDVD does not handle BD protect/region coding correctly for BDMV. I've also started a ticket with tech support, but I'm not holding my breath since I have not heard good things about the support. If I manage to get anywhere I'll post back for anyone who's interested.
Quote: Not sure why but it's apparent that PDVD 11 has trouble playing Blu-ray 1:1 rips. I just purchased my first Blu-ray burner and settled on PDVD over TMT, hope that was a wise choice. More than half the Blu-ray titles I ripped will not play in PDVD 11. Since I still have the trial of TMT 5 I decied to test each of these titles, they played fine there. I've only ripped 7 titles so far of my Blu-ray collection and 3 play and 4 do not. Here's the list

Iron Man 2....plays
Hancock.......plays
2012............plays
Iron Man......not play
Batman Begins....not play
Shutter Island.....not play
Ris of the Planet of the Apes......not play

I've now tried all 7 titles in TMT 5 and everyone of them played fine. This is frustrating. Anything known on this?

Any chance you were ever able to resolve this? I am having the same exact problem. Some of the rips play fine, while others don't start at all.
Go to: