Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As the title says. I've been trying to use FLAC files since PowerDVD 13, and although the audio will play, the Music library will not populate with any metadata. I'm pretty sure I am not overlooking a setting in PowerDVD to enable this. Windows 10 finally supports the format in Media Player, why not PowerDVD?
Quote: wtf...i tried to play the ripped files tonight and they stuttered just like on the disk. last night they played fine. this software has real problems.

Out of curiosity, what processor(s) are you using?

I don't have the Heroes series, but I've noticed the same issues watching both Miami Vice (HD DVD) and Ice Age 2 (Blu-Ray). I believe my system is technically "unsupported", I have dual Xeon processors running at 2.8GHz, with Hyperthreading enabled. In effect, I have four processing cores. With Hyperthreading enabled, I get the studdering and actual pause of video in certain areas. By disabeling Hyperthreading in the BIOS and bringing my system down to two cores, it will play fine through these problem areas, but then during "high activity" scenes, I get studdering, but this time is due to my processors maxing out at 100% utilization. I've written Cyberlink tech support, but no response yet on this issue. One thing I am able to do to get the video to play back with Hyperthreading enabled, is when the video starts to studder or pause, I "rewind" the scene a minute or two, or even all the way to the beginning of the movie, and then it plays through the rest of the disk seamlesly without issue. Note that I say "rewind" without hitting "stop". I almost wonder if it's some sort of pre-buffer issue in reading the data and feeding it to the procssors?
Go to: