Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Michael but I requested a refund and it has been granted. It appears that technical support may be the downfall of this business as there seems to be a very long history of non support. Good luck all, I don't see me buying another Cyberlink product.
Tis now my sixth day waiting on that 48 hour support!
Thanks Michael, I did contact tech support.......4 days ago. I have now requested a refund.
Welcome to the world of hurry up and wait. I'd just like to know how you got to the point where you could "uninstall" in the first place. Their "respond within 48 hrs." is meant as humor and only one person seems to be offering solutions here but from what I observe, he gives it maybe 5 minutes a day. I have wasted almost 3 days trying to get the program to work and have gotten nowhere.......period. I have now asked for my money back and will be contacting my CC in the morning about this issue. I suggest you do the same and I wish I had never followed Microsofts suggestion that I download this product and they will hear from me as well. Good Luck!
Thanks Michael. The problem I am having is that Windows Media Player does not recognize PowerDVD because, presumably, due to the fact that I need to uninstall and reinstall the download. When I click "Start"....."Explore".....open the "Cyberlink" file, click on open, another small window opens and reads, Must uninstall and reinstall program. WMP does not give me the option to even view a DVD nor does any other program recognize the PowerDVD.

None of the downloads from the link you provided seem to relate to my pc or my purchase. I read that as soon as I realized I had an issue. Thanks!
Hello everyone Very new to this PowerDVD deal as I never use my pc for viewing DVDs. Circumstances have however changed bla, bla, bla and I purchased the on-line download of PowerDVD 4.5 as suggested by the friendly folks at MS. Running Windows XP Media Center Edition, version 2002, service pack 3 with an AMD Athlon X2 245 processor. I have Norton Internet Security installed with all the bells and whistles. I ran the download as instructed but am now being told (by my pc) that I need to uninstall and then reinstall. There in lies the crux of the biscuit. How do I uninstall this program? My Windows Media Player does not recognize that PowerDVD exists and I suspect I missed an instruction pertaining to the download. I'm sure this is an easy task as was constructing the pyramids if you knew how. I seriously need to be able to download DVDs at this point as it is paramount to my current project. Thanks in advance for any help provided!
Go to: