Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:

Mr. Fox
When you reinstalled your NVIDIA driver, did you install it over top of it or did you do a clean install ?
In the advanced settings it gives you a chance to do a clean install where it automatically uninstalls things first.
Of course the other way is to simply ininstall it from "Programs and Features".
Thanks
Well, under normal circumstances I always do a clean install. Not only using the feature in the NVIDIA drivers, but also uninstalling, running DriverSweeper and CCleaner in safe mode, then truly installing from a clean slate.

In this case I did not and simply installed right over the top of the existing Verde package. Had it failed, I would have gone through the clean install process. It turned out to not be necessary.
Quote: Mr. Fox i have also tried that but it don't work, simple thing is that Cyberlink needs to get rid of their bugs bcs this isn't useful that u can do all sorts of stuff trying getting it to work and it don't work for everyone.

i still like PowerDVD but if this is just going to continue i may switch to Arcsoft TotalMedia 5 instead bcs it just works, no lagging, no issues as far as i have seen with a me, even i used PowerDVD for many years now >.<
I'm not sure why it worked for me and not for you. I'm glad for myself that reinstalling the NVIDIA Verde drivers fixed the choppy BD playback, but sad for anyone that reinstalling video drivers does not work for. I paid only $39.95 for this software, but now wish I had not. I could have used the money for a nice PC game or a new BluRay movie or two. I've found Nero 10 Multimedia Platinum HD works flawlessly for me and there was no reason I needed this software, but the NVIDIA Cuda support was of great interest to me. (With Cuda support, the performance should have been superior to the Nero suite.)

Another gripe about PowerDVD 11 Ultra... my Alienware came with a PowerDVD 9 BluRay OEM version. One of the reasons I tried the upgrade was the thought that all the spam advertisements would go away and a sleek interface would be what I was left with. Well, I was wrong... shame on me for assuming, I suppose. The Ultra version still has the spam garbage and offers to sell me what I already own. Had I known that, there's no way I would have purchased the upgrade. (The Facebook interface just adds an extra dimension of useless stupidity, but at least it is not wasting much screen space.)

This poor performance is being discussed on other threads, so CyberLink needs to get their act together...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/591147-i-need-help-3d-blu-ray.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/8114882-post847.html

Oh, and another thing... PowerDVD 11 has issues with Windows Aero. I don't think the option to disable Aero within PowerDVD is to enhace BluRay playback as much as it is to try to circumvent software bugs.
Quote: I just purchased PowerDVD 11 Ultra yesterday (directly from Cyberlink on sale) and BluRay playback is horrible. BD movies are so choppy they are un-watchable. I purchased this on the recommendation of a friend as it has NVIDIA Cuda support.

My system is an Alienware M18x with Intel Core i7 2760QM, NVIDIA GTX 580M SLI and 16GB of DDR3.

I have tried Cowboys and Aliens, Conan the Barbarian and I Am Legend and all three movies are absolutely terrible.

I have already looked for known issues on the "Must Have Read" Thread. I have tried changing all settings, have Windows Aero set to disable with BD playback. TrueTheater features are un-checked.

What is interesting is that BluRay playback is silky smooth using my Nero Multimedia Platinum HD software. What do I need to do to get PowerDVD 11 Ultra to perform properly?

My Cyberlink DB & 3D Advisor report is attached. Thanks in advance for assistance.
Well, in an effort to correct this problem, I reinstalled the NVIDIA Verde drivers and now it's working correctly. That should not be necessary, but the good thing is that PowerDVD 11 Ultra is working OK now. If anyone else experiencing this has not already done so, try reinstalling your display adapter drivers.
I just purchased PowerDVD 11 Ultra yesterday (directly from Cyberlink on sale) and BluRay playback is horrible. BD movies are so choppy they are un-watchable. I purchased this on the recommendation of a friend as it has NVIDIA Cuda support.

My system is an Alienware M18x with Intel Core i7 2760QM, NVIDIA GTX 580M SLI and 16GB of DDR3.

I have tried Cowboys and Aliens, Conan the Barbarian and I Am Legend and all three movies are absolutely terrible.

I have already looked for known issues on the "Must Have Read" Thread. I have tried changing all settings, have Windows Aero set to disable with BD playback. TrueTheater features are un-checked.

What is interesting is that BluRay playback is silky smooth using my Nero Multimedia Platinum HD software. What do I need to do to get PowerDVD 11 Ultra to perform properly?

My Cyberlink DB & 3D Advisor report is attached. Thanks in advance for assistance.
Go to: