Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Ultra Build 2408.53 Lagging Blu-ray playback
puma99dk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2011 03:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

i got a problem with PowerDVD 11 Ultra Build 2408.53 on my pc, i can't blu-ray on it, it's lagging a lot and i have tried Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5.0.1.114 and that just works, so i am woundering why i can't play bcs i can do h264/x264 playback even 1080p in Media Player Classic without a problem.

here is the "icons/logos" i got in my PowerDVD 11:

my hardware:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4,3ghz
Motherboard: ECS P67H2-A
Memory: A-Data XPG™ Gaming Series DDR3-2000G AX3U2000GB2G9 2x2GB @ 1862mhz (9-9-9-23)
Graphic: EVGA GTX 570 Vanilla
Optical Drives: Pioneer DVR-216DBK | Samsung SH-B123L @ SATA
Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
PSU: Cougar CM 700W 80Plus Bronze

Harddrives: OS: Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD | WDC Green 500gb | 2xWDC Green 2TB WD20EARX

as ino it shouldn't be a hardware problem bcs i use CoreAVC when i playback 1080p files in h264/x264/ccv1 codec in Media Player Classic (CCCP-2011-11-11) and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre also uses hardware acceleration so it can't be that.

i really like PowerDVD and the way it works with DVD's that's why i keep using it since version 6 where i got it for the first time, but if it can't play blu-ray that's justn ot good enough, that other programs can play it and powerdvd can't so how to fix this problem?

it's the blu-ray anime: The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya (Region: A) from Bandai.

and YES i set PowerDVD 11 when it came out with Region i choose A or was that wrong to do, bcs ino the anime ain't Region Free.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2011 03:43

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
your about box and Ui does not look original, there are some buttons and settings missing that are not disableable.

Please install the orignal version and try again.

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
it's a repacked version i use with an original key bcs multi language are too big in size, but i can try that but they normally gives me the same buttons.

plus i had read at hardwarezone.com.sg that PowerDVD 11 got like a lag of support for the Asus Xonar Essence STX is that correct?

Link: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/pcm-stereo-audio-stutter-crackle-powerdvd-11-a-3432374.html#post60258882
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

sorry to say but we do not support "repacked" versions of the software.
Please also be informed that this is violation of the EULA

If you encounter issues with the Asus card - please check with the original Software and post the info we ask in the must have read thread.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
i hope this is all the info u need Michael.

Original Version not a RePack:

Administrator account yes and all "Run as Administrator" and UAC is disabled.
Graphic card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Vanilla (Nvidia GeForce GTX570)
Graphic Driver: ForeWare 290.36 (290.36-desktop-win7-winvista-32bit-international-beta.exe)
Audio Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
Audio Driver: 7.12.8.1794 (For Windows 7)

The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices):

ODD drive = Optical Drive? if yes than Samsung SH-B123L F/W=SB04
Screen: Philips 221EL
Connection: DVI Cable
LCD-TV: Philips 32PFL5604H/12
TV-Cable: HDMI 10meter cable Gold-Connectors
Screen-LCD-Refresh rate: 60hz
Single Monitor (Only one is activated at the time, by that i mean when my monitor is in use my tv ain't and the other way around.)
Antivirus: Kaspersky Security Suite CBE11 (CBE = Computerbuild.de) (Smilar to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011)
Browers: Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 & Firefox Nightly 12.0a1
Virtual ODD: Daemon Tools Lite 4.45.1 (STPD 1.79)

and another thing, i hope developers are checking this forum, u also need to work on when powerdvd is loading it doesn't need to lockup your pc, it's also doing that sometimes and u can't even open "Windows Task Manager" not even with CTRL+ALT+Delete, i always been a big fan and user of PowerDVD bcs when it came to dvd's it rocks srsly even better than Media Player Classic and it should have all these issues when other programs such as Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre don't have, maybe that's why my dad's Packard Bell laptop was bundled with that and not PowerDVD.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
592 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2011 16:48

[Post New]
Hi,

thanks for the providded info - I have forwarded it to our team to reproduce in our labs.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

thanks for the providded info - I have forwarded it to our team to reproduce in our labs.

br
Michael

your welcome, i wanna get this problem sorted bcs i really like PowerDVD and i want to make it work with blu-ray not only DVD ^^
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
i ran "Cyberlink DB & 3D Advisor" dunno if u can use it for anything Michael but just incase and i also found a flaw in that one under "System language : 0406 DAN Danish dansk" my Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 x86 is completely English i haven't even install the danish language package O.o
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_LYNNI_2011_12_27_16_33_04.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
546 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2011 10:36

[Post New]
I just purchased PowerDVD 11 Ultra yesterday (directly from Cyberlink on sale) and BluRay playback is horrible. BD movies are so choppy they are un-watchable. I purchased this on the recommendation of a friend as it has NVIDIA Cuda support.

My system is an Alienware M18x with Intel Core i7 2760QM, NVIDIA GTX 580M SLI and 16GB of DDR3.

I have tried Cowboys and Aliens, Conan the Barbarian and I Am Legend and all three movies are absolutely terrible.

I have already looked for known issues on the "Must Have Read" Thread. I have tried changing all settings, have Windows Aero set to disable with BD playback. TrueTheater features are un-checked.

What is interesting is that BluRay playback is silky smooth using my Nero Multimedia Platinum HD software. What do I need to do to get PowerDVD 11 Ultra to perform properly?

My Cyberlink DB & 3D Advisor report is attached. Thanks in advance for assistance.
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_OWNER-M18X_2012_01_08_16_51_08.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DEBUG_CLDetect
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
537 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote: I just purchased PowerDVD 11 Ultra yesterday (directly from Cyberlink on sale) and BluRay playback is horrible. BD movies are so choppy they are un-watchable. I purchased this on the recommendation of a friend as it has NVIDIA Cuda support.

My system is an Alienware M18x with Intel Core i7 2760QM, NVIDIA GTX 580M SLI and 16GB of DDR3.

I have tried Cowboys and Aliens, Conan the Barbarian and I Am Legend and all three movies are absolutely terrible.

I have already looked for known issues on the "Must Have Read" Thread. I have tried changing all settings, have Windows Aero set to disable with BD playback. TrueTheater features are un-checked.

What is interesting is that BluRay playback is silky smooth using my Nero Multimedia Platinum HD software. What do I need to do to get PowerDVD 11 Ultra to perform properly?

My Cyberlink DB & 3D Advisor report is attached. Thanks in advance for assistance.
Well, in an effort to correct this problem, I reinstalled the NVIDIA Verde drivers and now it's working correctly. That should not be necessary, but the good thing is that PowerDVD 11 Ultra is working OK now. If anyone else experiencing this has not already done so, try reinstalling your display adapter drivers.
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mr. Fox i have also tried that but it don't work, simple thing is that Cyberlink needs to get rid of their bugs bcs this isn't useful that u can do all sorts of stuff trying getting it to work and it don't work for everyone.

i still like PowerDVD but if this is just going to continue i may switch to Arcsoft TotalMedia 5 instead bcs it just works, no lagging, no issues as far as i have seen with a me, even i used PowerDVD for many years now >.<
Ken62465 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2012 23:27 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Well I just purchased PDVD 11 and even with latest patch I'm also getting choppy Blu-ray play, or dropped frames as some say that it's really what is happening. In actually seeing choppy play in all sources tested so far. Just in a few days the glitches and bugs accumulating are making me question this purchase but I understand I have 30 days. Here's what I run and it's a bran new build with clean install of win7/64 primary use for Windows Media Center as a HTPC setup.

- HTPC CASE NMEDIAPC|HTPC 5000B
- MB GIGABYTE|GA-A75M-UD2H HD3
- APU AMD | A8-3870K 3.0G 4M FM1
- MEM 2Gx2|CORSAIR CMX4GX3M2A1600C8
- SSD 64G|CRUCIAL CT064M4SSD2
- HDD 2T|WD WD20EARX
- TV CARD CETON | INFINITV 4
- PSU OCZ|OCZ500MXSP 500W
- BLU-RAY BURNER LG| WH12LS38

Here's a list of issues I noted.

1.) Install destroyed Windows Media Center built in play of VIDEO_TS folder rips. I kept getting an error of missing video files and no explanation yet video would start to play then stop with the message. Do not ask me how but today I was flipping options in both the PDVD standalone player and WMC options inside of it and now it's back to working. Even though the play of these rips is back they are playing very choppy and didn't before install of PDVD 11. I was told by someone from another forum that this could be an indication of a codec issue...no idea myself.

2.) Blu-Ray playback is very chopy, dropped frames every 5-10 secs and annoying to watch. Also noted a large amount of noise that's not present if I put the same BD disk in my standalone Samsung player to compare. Thought I was seeing things but it's an ugly amount of noise.

My biggest problem is the choppy play. In all honesty I also tried the trial of TMT 5 and the chopyy play there was even worse. They fixed the choppy play in a beta and it was very smooth but they broke the Blu-Ray player plugin for WMC, I had to exit WMC and use their windows player and that worked fine. I'm at a toss up if I purchased the wrong one.

Ken62465 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'd like to add to the list

3.) I just noticed my receiver is receiving "DTS" bitstream and not the DTS-HD track that's on the disk...Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I flipped audio tracks and even noticed PDVD showed a DTS-HD logo but my receiver is decoding a DTS only track. My receiver is a Pioneer Elite SC-35 and I know about my equipment's decoding ability so lets not ask that question.
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I'm so tired of this problem. It has never been fixed. 3versions of powerdvd later and still playback is terrible, which I purchased the last three and I'm just out of money. Not cool it's not my hardware!
Ken62465 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I fixed the DTS-HD output but what I'm seeing is the decoding option for HD keeps reverting back to just Dolby/DTS so next title I'd have to go back in and set it to HD again. Why is it not savingt this setting? I just did some reading of a review of PDVD 11, I think the site was called missing remote or something like that. To my surprise I find they mention this exact problem with it not saving this setting and every BD title you put in with HD audio you have to set this option and has been a known problem for a few years...and they have not fixed it?

I know what you mean Manoroid. The choppy play is terrible and mine even shows a large amount of noise in the BD play that I had to test my own Samsung Blu-ray player to be sure I was not imagining it...sure enough it was evident when compared against a standalone player. I'm coming to the conclusion setting up a HTPC was not such a good idea as the technology is just not there for it and everything to play nice but the concept is great. I just don't understand how PDVD even messed with the play of my rips, that was once smooth, and is now choppy even though the Windows player in WMC is handling it. It was apparent that PDVD did something because after install the rips would no longer play at all so there was some setting it messed with. I was told this is more than likely happening because PDVD set WMC to use a codec of it's own...not sure if it's true as I know little about codecs beyond them being needed and a little on what they do. I just asked in another forum if installing a codec package might do anything for me but I doubt it if PDVD is hard wired to use specifics and altered WMC registry to use set codecs...who knows.
[Post New]
Quote: Mr. Fox i have also tried that but it don't work, simple thing is that Cyberlink needs to get rid of their bugs bcs this isn't useful that u can do all sorts of stuff trying getting it to work and it don't work for everyone.

i still like PowerDVD but if this is just going to continue i may switch to Arcsoft TotalMedia 5 instead bcs it just works, no lagging, no issues as far as i have seen with a me, even i used PowerDVD for many years now >.<
I'm not sure why it worked for me and not for you. I'm glad for myself that reinstalling the NVIDIA Verde drivers fixed the choppy BD playback, but sad for anyone that reinstalling video drivers does not work for. I paid only $39.95 for this software, but now wish I had not. I could have used the money for a nice PC game or a new BluRay movie or two. I've found Nero 10 Multimedia Platinum HD works flawlessly for me and there was no reason I needed this software, but the NVIDIA Cuda support was of great interest to me. (With Cuda support, the performance should have been superior to the Nero suite.)

Another gripe about PowerDVD 11 Ultra... my Alienware came with a PowerDVD 9 BluRay OEM version. One of the reasons I tried the upgrade was the thought that all the spam advertisements would go away and a sleek interface would be what I was left with. Well, I was wrong... shame on me for assuming, I suppose. The Ultra version still has the spam garbage and offers to sell me what I already own. Had I known that, there's no way I would have purchased the upgrade. (The Facebook interface just adds an extra dimension of useless stupidity, but at least it is not wasting much screen space.)

This poor performance is being discussed on other threads, so CyberLink needs to get their act together...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/591147-i-need-help-3d-blu-ray.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/8114882-post847.html

Oh, and another thing... PowerDVD 11 has issues with Windows Aero. I don't think the option to disable Aero within PowerDVD is to enhace BluRay playback as much as it is to try to circumvent software bugs.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2012 14:28

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I just purchased PowerDVD 11 Ultra yesterday (directly from Cyberlink on sale) and BluRay playback is horrible. BD movies are so choppy they are un-watchable. I purchased this on the recommendation of a friend as it has NVIDIA Cuda support.

Well, in an effort to correct this problem, I reinstalled the NVIDIA Verde drivers and now it's working correctly. That should not be necessary, but the good thing is that PowerDVD 11 Ultra is working OK now. If anyone else experiencing this has not already done so, try reinstalling your display adapter drivers.

Mr. Fox
When you reinstalled your NVIDIA driver, did you install it over top of it or did you do a clean install ?
In the advanced settings it gives you a chance to do a clean install where it automatically uninstalls things first.
Of course the other way is to simply ininstall it from "Programs and Features".
Thanks
[Post New]
Quote:

Mr. Fox
When you reinstalled your NVIDIA driver, did you install it over top of it or did you do a clean install ?
In the advanced settings it gives you a chance to do a clean install where it automatically uninstalls things first.
Of course the other way is to simply ininstall it from "Programs and Features".
Thanks
Well, under normal circumstances I always do a clean install. Not only using the feature in the NVIDIA drivers, but also uninstalling, running DriverSweeper and CCleaner in safe mode, then truly installing from a clean slate.

In this case I did not and simply installed right over the top of the existing Verde package. Had it failed, I would have gone through the clean install process. It turned out to not be necessary.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2012 08:54

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Mr. Fox !

I am still fighting with mine, I got it to the point where it will play real well for about 20 minutes. It then starts to get jerky for less then a minute and then is fine for another 20 minutes.
[Post New]
Hi Jeff R 1.

can you please post what happens when the "jerky" issue happens:

- CPU load
- running processes
- any Antivirus or scheduled tasks taking over?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan