Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the link. I carefully checked the supporting matrix, and find Quadro M1200 is listed to have 1 NVENC chip, and supports H.264. I agree with you that we are not required to have professional video card simply to process 3-4 videos a year. Given the laptop I am using (Dell Precision 5520) is reasonable good for computating task, it is really pitty that the Power Director can not make good use of the discrete graphic card.

I have even tried to download the oldest possible drive back in 2017 for quadro m1200 (release 37, no luck.

Quote Besides I don't see Quadro m1200 on the NVEN, so if it's not there you ain't have it!
https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

But as discussed before Nvidia via SW driver shuts down features of it's GPUs the distinguish High End, Middle and Entry range
which is a pitty for all of us who are not professional video editors, just afictionates!
Who don't have the need to buy high end systems because you make 3 maybe 4 videos a year.

In my case when I was using Windows P400 driver I had access to CUDA making PD way way faster, when I installed Nvidia Driver stoped having acess to Cuda, Sad.

Check Encode "Max # of concurrent sessions" colum on the link I provid above entry/mid Level cards only can have 2 encoding threads while the high end have Unrestricted.

My current Desktop is a Dell i7 6700 (does not have HEVC encoding) so I bought the Quadro P400

It's very real Nvidia limitations!

I will wait for 10Generation Intel desktop will be way better than current generation
https://newsroom.intel.com/news/10th-gen-intel-core-h-series-introduces-worlds-fastest-mobile-processor-5-3-ghz/#gs.2yrn2m
There's a comparison using PD Power Director

And I will trash my Quadro P400 on eBay for 20$

Does anyone find a good solution yet?

My laptop (precision 5520) is equpped with both a integrated Intel HD630 and discrete Nvidia Quadro M1200. Using the trick circulating on the internet, i.e., display setting --> graphic setting --> browse --> adding PDR.exe --> Option picks High performace, Powerdirector 18 seems to use the discrete nvidia card for encoding/decoding. However, my test shows that 60-second video clip need nearly 2 minutes to finish using H.265 (1280x720p), when I switch back to the integrate HD630 card, it takes 23 seconds. I have tried nvidia driver as earlier as 2017 to the latest version, no difference.

I think powerdirector 18 is not taking advantage of the computation power of nvidia quadro M1200 at all. Earlier threads mentions it might be possible to import a separate PowerDirector profile into the Nvidia Control Panel, just like for Vegas Pro. But I don't know where to find this profile.

Quote Thanks for your kind attention.

Sorry for the delay !

Surely this has something to do with nvidia policy regarding entry level Quadro cards.

Because like I said after boot SSD blew up and clean install of windows using Microsoft default driver for P400 CUDA was working in PD16, after I installed Nvidia recent drivers because I needed NVENC, CUDA option was off for PD

I came to the forum again to create another thread I was making a video with 8 tracks and using files connected with onedrive
was always blue screen dumping windows.

Because I was aware my all clips were on OneDrive (backup purpose) I tried closing OneDrive and puff the windows dumps and protected errors and sequencial reboot were gone.

Kind regards

Go to: