Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Chris40 – In your screenshot, simply drag either the Adorage transition or the Vitascene transition between two clips pn the timeline like you do with any transitions. If you then double click on the transition then a window pops up for you to select the transition behavior. Click on the Stand-alone effect button to get all those options you can do. There are hundreds of them.

Well thanks, but I can't see it does anything at all, like it's not even there. Same for it FX section. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I have this same issue. I have never used proDAD before and am not sure exactly what it's supposed to do and look like but I can't see any way to use it. I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like in PD17 for me. If this is the way it's supposed to look, how are you supposed to use it? I can place it on the time line with a video but it doesn't appear to do anything.
They work with at least other editors I'm aware of.. The express version of one of the editors is quite affordable being only a little more than PD Ultimate.

I've looked t ProDad, and what they do they seem to do very well. Yet again I don't see what I'm after, specifically the optical flairs but I'd love to have the 3D modeling plug in as well.
Actually I am looking for something more like what Tubetape offer*

Unfortunately PD doesn't support them. I am loath to buy another editing solution but I might shell out the money for my next project. Not sure but I can't really see anyone to reproduce what these plug ins do.

Thanks for replying.
Chris

*Edited alteration
Ok thanks for the info. I've been through Corsicana a time or two over the hears. I haven't lived in TX since '95 however. I've gotten use to having 4 seasons instead of hot and slightly less hot! LoL!
Hmmm, well I'll run this up the flag pole through a different route. Doesn't hurt to ask.

And if I can ask Bubba, where in Texas? I grew up in the Dallas area myself, not in WY.
While I'm glad to see PD allows for some plug ins from NewBlueFX, I find that many of them are of limited use for me. I'm wondering if any plug ins from other vendors will be usable in PD? I'd specifically like plug ins from Video Co-Pilot. Optical flares, Twitch and others will not work in PD at this time. Others effects do work since they are just pre keyed .mov files. Some titling (Titler Pro) would be great too.

I really like a lot of what PD can do, the price is right but I find that the lack of plug ins used by programs like AVID, After Effects, Vegas, Hitfilm and other can use is a bit frustration. I would much rather have seen PD incorporate more plugs ins than add support for 4K. How many of you own a 4K camera? If you can afford one you are probably using Adobe Premier.

This lack of support for more plug ins keeps PD from being a top tier program at a middle of the road price. I don't want to abandon PD and just want to really encourage Cyberlink to add support for more plug ins in the future.

While this is a user forum, I do assume that staff from Cyberlink monitor it and may read this. So thanks for any consideration.
Agreed. And maybe Bluefx will develop additional plugins that work with PD. I'd love to see a wide variety of optical flares to start.
I think PD does some very good stuff, is probably the most bang for your buck in a consumer editing program. Yet I tend to drool over some of the stuff that programs like Hitfilm and other high end programs can do. The standard version of Hitfilm is not much more than PD yet it appears to handle many of the same plugins that After Effects and others can do. I don't have any plans to migrate away from PD any time soon. But it would be really nice to have a little more selection on the plug ins without breaking the bank.
Not yet, need to start somewhere so I started here.
While BlueFX has some good stuff, there are tons of others plug ins out there that I feel are somewhat a better value but more importantly, better suited to the hobbyist user. Video Co-Pilot is one of my favorites and while I can use some of their stuff with PD there are others such as optical flairs that you just can't use with PD.

What are the chances of Cyberlink developing relationships with other plug in vendors? Is there any real demand or is it just me?

Again I'm not trying to bash Bluefx. Their stuff is top quality, they just don't seem have what I am looking for. There are numerous products that work with After Effects, some more reasonably priced than others, but I'd sure like to see PD become compatible with a much larger variety of plug ins. Just my two cents worth.

Thanks,
Chris
Ok, well thanks for that. I've looked at the Blue FX and find them to be expensive and many not to my particular liking. I'm familiar with Director Zone and have downloaded some of those various items but they are nothing like what Video Co-Pilot offers. If you are not familiar with them, they are worth a look. I like thier Action Essentials DVD a lot and some of the others as well. Too bad that Power Director can't use them. I'll make the most of the pre keyed items like in the DVD I mentioned. But it would be slick if PD could handle some of the more useful plug ins.

Chris
I have some products from Video Co-Pilot. They are simply pre keyed vidoe effects such as smoke, explosios etc. and they work well with Power Director. However they have some other products that are considered as plug-ins. One such product is called Twitch and has kind of a cool shutter effect on your video. They have a number of other useful plug-ins as well. Has anyone ever tried any of those product with Power Director? Many are just .mov files that layer over and work great but I'm nervous about spending money on effects that Power Director can't use.

Any info would be appreciated.
Chris
So long as hardware acceleration is off, it works fine, with hardware acceleration on, it crashes ever time. Odd.
I understand. Its worth a try. Perhaps a real fix will be in the first update whenever that gets released. I also have to wonder if disabling SLI may help. I have to run an older video driver for PD to work correctly and can't help but wonder if that is somehow involved here too.
I'll have to give that a try when get home. Sort of odd but if it fixes the problem, so be it!

Thanks guys,
Chris
I have found that if I apply the effect, "Continious Shooting" to any picture it crashes the program. So far none of the other effects do that but I tried several pictures in different formats, and I rebooted. I tried it with nothing but a singel picture and the same thing every time. The program closes and I get a dialogue box asking to send the info to Cyberlink which I allow and fill in my e-mail address.

Anyone else see this with Cyberlink 11?
Chris
Does the whql 306 that was released have the issue? No point in loading the new one if the bug is not fixed.
Yes, I did submit a bug report to Nvidia.
Just put in a previous driver and that did the trick, the video plays as it should now. I really hope Nvidia gets this resolved in thier next driver release.

Thanks again for your help!
Go to: