Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thats what I must do, play with PD12 create disc and if I do want my own buttons background etc then find out how to customise them. I do have Photoshop CC really all I want is something of my own design rather than a template used by everybody else. Only doing this for a friend actually who has Adobe Premier and Adobe Encore and is not especially happy with it. I have converted him to PD from Premier and looking for a way for him to make DVDs.
Would you say that Power Producer is better at producing DVDs, more options, more customisation etc than the built in Create Disc in PD12 ?
this is where I got the idea create disk is not ideal

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31853.page

there is also another link saying more of less the same thing, pity there is no search forum option?

But your post has helped and made me feel I should try and see how far I can get with the built in option create disk.
Hi, So you have say 5 edited mpeg4 files created in PD12, what is the best way to create a DVD with a stunning menu? From what I have read the PD built in create disk option is not easily customisable enough. So what 3rd party software is the best? And how do you prevent the files being compressed again. I just want a front end that looks really good and plays the mpeg4 files.
Yes thats what I am after, beautiful clip BTW, I would do the whole image not just the background but I really like just the background dissolving too. Excellent info thanks!
With film you overlap the clips by about 15 frames or more and when they make a print they do "fade" the light over the overlap but its called a dissolve. One clip dissolving into another. If you compose the scenes well the two clips morph in such a way that you can't tell where one clip ends and the other begins. You do not want anything to disrupt that effect so things exploding is out. Maybe in Power Director its called a Cross Fade????
Where can I find a smooth dissolve, no sweeps, wipes, crystals, exploding stars, crumbling blocks, no fade out or in, just a smooth dissolve from one scene to the next, two clips melting into each other? Used to be such a powerful edit in the old film days.
Excellent thank you and I have just found the shortcut keys to mark In and Out in the user guide love this program!
I tried the search but could not find an answer. Is there a short cut to zoom to frame level for editing? I notice that you can't use the left and right arrows to move from frame to frame, using the mouse is not as easy unless you are at frame level zoom. Any tips for cutting at frame level. I guess I am used to cutting film with a splicer
Thank you I have just got back with a boxed version and it does have a good user guide and a pair of 3D glasses in it!
I have done a search and tried most of the google links but cannot find out what is in the boxed PD10 Ultra, does it come with a book tutorial or manual?
Thank you so much sorry to be such an idiot! PS I really like the program!
Hi, new to PD it looks like I bought the wrong version of PD following a google link, I bought PD deluxe instead of Ultra and when using it and trying to convert to 3D I got a screen telling me to upgrade so I followed that link and I bought the Ultra upgrade but it will not install saying I need to already have a version of PD which of course I do. Also the links to the Free User guide and free tutorials in my email for the Ultra upgrade do not work. What now?
Yes I would like to know the cure too! What about PD 10 Ultra? I am going to upgrade!
Go to: