Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, good to here it's not just me!

It's no biggy to re-install, but is there any other work-around?

Also, if I were to reinstall, do I need to un-register the software at all before doing so? I imagine we only get a limited number of installs?
Hi,

I've just purchased the full PD 10 Ultra and installed it on my PC. I've also applied the latest patch and content pack, however I'm getting a message on start-up saying 'Launch Rich Video. Rich Video is not installed on your PC. Click ok to install Rich Video'. I click ok and PD launches fine. I can use PD without any issues, however I was just curious as to why this message is being displayed?

I tried running PD as Administrator but it made no difference (thought it might be a UAC issue...)

Excellent feedback Jim, much appreciated. I find the rendering to be far quicker than anything else I've tried so far.

Hehe, great news Dafydd. Well, after a bit of playing with the software today and Jim's recommendation, I've gone ahead and purchased it. Looking forward to creating some great blurays/DVDs!
BTW: Can PD 10 handle 1080p .mts footage? Just a thought...
Many thanks Jim, that's great to know. I'm just installing the trial now, so hopefully I'l be up and running soon.

How do you find Power Director in general? Have you made any Bluray discs yet with it?
No problem, as long as it's possible to mix the two then that's fine.

It's a shame the trial version is limited. But I'll check it out nonetheless.
... And one final question if I may: is it easy to mix SD and HD footage in on project and render it to Bluray?
Many thanks Dafydd, that's good news

I assume I can try all of this in the trial version before buying?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm considering purchasing PD Ultra 11 to edit the video that my new Panasonic TM900 camcorder produces. I want to be able to burn Full HD (1080/50i) videos with 5.1 surround sound to Bluray, as this is what my camcorder produces (in accordance with AVCHD). I recently bought Sony Vegas Home Studio 11 and it seems that this is not possible I also would like to be able to burn full HD video to DVD.

So, my question is two-fold:

1, Can PD Ultra 10 burn 5.1 surround sound Blu-rays? (BTW: I'm not interested in Bluray menus ect, but that function would be a bonus)

2, Can PD Ultra 10 burn HD AVCHD videos to DVD blanks natively?

Any advice would be very useful!
Go to: