Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ive got it working.

It seems that PowerDVD 9 is a little tempremental. I managed to get it working last night by adjusting different settings but then suddenly it stopped working. So i reinstalled the program, without downloading any patches as well and it's working again.

The settings I had to change/select to get them to play are:

- Changed Desktop resolution to 720p. (Having the desktop resolution set to 1080p wouldn't work. I'm still trying to find out why)
- In PowerDVD, from the 3D menu I chose "120Hz, Time-Sequential 3D LCD". (Having it set to "Autodetect" would not detect my 3D display for some reason. However, when I got it working last night it would detect it but the 120Hz option wasn't present)
- When I started the Bluray playback I pop up box appeared saying the TV only supports Full Screen mode. I clicked "OK". Clicking Cancel won't play the movie in 3D.

That's basically it.

NiGHTS
Version Number: 9.0.4105.01
SR Number: DVD110429-02
I'm using:

PowerDVD 9 Full Version with latest Patch downloaded by the program.
Windows 7 Pro. Admin Account used.
Software was bundled with LG Bluray writer.
ASUS ATI 6570 graphics card with latest 6000 series driver.
HDTV is Sony Bravia HX800 55" 240Hz refresh rate.
HDMI 1.4 Cable
Desktop resolution set to 1920x1080p
Tried all 3D settings in PowerDVD 9.

NiGHTS.
Did you guys sort this issue out?

I'm having the same problem. The bluray plays, but the 3d isn't working. The picture just looks slightly distorted and not 3D.

What settings do I need to have on in PowerDVD 9 to get the 3D bluray playing on my HDTV?

NiGHTS
Hey,

Did you manage to get it working?

I just bought an ATI 6570 card and I'm having the same issues. According to CyberLink's list of compatible 3D Bluray playback cards, the 5000 and 6000 series ATI cards are compatible. Hence the reason I bought one.

I'm thinking it's something to do with PowerDVD 9 or the HDTV settings.

Let me know if you get it sorted because I'm all out of idea's...

NiGHTS.
Go to: