Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Unable to play 3D
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am also having issues playing bluray movies in 3d. I am running an ATI 5800 series video card, windows 7, and power DVD 9 with an LG drive. I am able to run all of the 3d setting properly with the exception of the 120Hz option (which is what my LG 3d TV needs) the program will try to load the disk and then just put up a black screen and hang. Bringing up task manager shows the program as not responding. Any help would be great.

Hi orvoc,

please provide more information

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

or please contact our technical support team

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=thedj]Trying it now[/quote]

Hi,

any update? We can still not reproduce your issue - can you please double confirm the used build and SR (not CD-KEY!)?

Please also do not install retail patches to the OEM Version, only install the patchtes offered by the Application!

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2011 16:30 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
1. uninstall PowerDVD from control panel
2. reboot
3. install the original POwerDVD that came with your device
4. start POwerDVD and check the full version number and SR from the about box
5. now check if there is update message within the application (as you use OEM version please do not use the PDVD patch from website)
6. after a possible patch has been downloaded please install it and check Version and SR again.

After following these steps exactly, I am still unable to use use 3D for Blu-ray discs, only for normal DVDs. Below are links to the 'About' page before and after the patch suggested by the software. After patching, no other patches are suggested by the program. Patch size was about 45MB if i recall correctly.

http://djshideaway.com/PDVD9%20Info.png
http://djshideaway.com/PDVD9%20Info%20Postpatch.png
[Post New]
Hi,

" unable to use use 3D for Blu-ray discs, only for normal DVD"

please specify it more clearly - do you use a BD-3d or do you want to use TT-3D for a 2D BD?

the transforming of BD to 3D is not supported in PowerDVD! The playback of 3D content on BD-3D is supported.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2011 16:30 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
After purchasing a 3D dvd, I tried playing it, but get the message "This disc has recognized that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback."

I also ran the BD Advisor again just to check, but it's saying that my monitor is not supported despite the fact that it has the most recent drivers and plays 3D games and regular DVDs in 3D.

I am really at a loss as to why Cyberlink is listing my monitor as not passing.
NiGHTS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2011 07:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Did you guys sort this issue out?

I'm having the same problem. The bluray plays, but the 3d isn't working. The picture just looks slightly distorted and not 3D.

What settings do I need to have on in PowerDVD 9 to get the 3D bluray playing on my HDTV?

NiGHTS
[Post New]
Hi NiGHTS,

please check this thread and post more information - or contact the customer support team about your issue.

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
NiGHTS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using:

PowerDVD 9 Full Version with latest Patch downloaded by the program.
Windows 7 Pro. Admin Account used.
Software was bundled with LG Bluray writer.
ASUS ATI 6570 graphics card with latest 6000 series driver.
HDTV is Sony Bravia HX800 55" 240Hz refresh rate.
HDMI 1.4 Cable
Desktop resolution set to 1920x1080p
Tried all 3D settings in PowerDVD 9.

NiGHTS.
[Post New]
Hi,

I need more information - at least the full Version numnber and SR-Number (not CD-Key) - please refer to this posting:

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
NiGHTS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Version Number: 9.0.4105.01
SR Number: DVD110429-02
NiGHTS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ive got it working.

It seems that PowerDVD 9 is a little tempremental. I managed to get it working last night by adjusting different settings but then suddenly it stopped working. So i reinstalled the program, without downloading any patches as well and it's working again.

The settings I had to change/select to get them to play are:

- Changed Desktop resolution to 720p. (Having the desktop resolution set to 1080p wouldn't work. I'm still trying to find out why)
- In PowerDVD, from the 3D menu I chose "120Hz, Time-Sequential 3D LCD". (Having it set to "Autodetect" would not detect my 3D display for some reason. However, when I got it working last night it would detect it but the 120Hz option wasn't present)
- When I started the Bluray playback I pop up box appeared saying the TV only supports Full Screen mode. I clicked "OK". Clicking Cancel won't play the movie in 3D.

That's basically it.

NiGHTS
Richardmc3280 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2012 23:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issues, but this is with a fresh install of the program. I tried pre update (through software) and post update and no results. I downloaded powerdvd 11 after that and it works, which tells me its something wrong with powerdvd 9. I dont get it.

I bought a LG drive that promised 3D playback with the powerdvd 9 software. My video card is a geforce 550 ti 2gb. Processor is I7 2600k. TV is Vizio 42Inch 3D Tv. My HDMI is 3D compatible. I tried downoading a trial of PowerDVD 11 and i CAN playback bluray 3D movies using the trial. BUT it does not work with PowerDVD 9 which advertises itself as working.

Power DvD 9 Version (after update) 9.0.4322.52
SR Number DVD110707-06

What is wrong?

it does this over and under flickering 3D setting. I've tried side by side, over and above, and 3d sensio, with no luck.

[Thumb - pdvd9.png]
 Filename
pdvd9.png
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD9 SR
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
483 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2012 01:12

[Post New]
Hi,

I need the SR and Version of the Initial installation - thanks

do you see the 3D Button in PowerDVD ?

Werde Facebook Fan
Richardmc3280 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael.

The 3D Symbol is visible and i have tried every setting to get it to work again.

SR Number CDS101202-02

Thank you,
RLM
[Post New]
Hi,

please also post your DXDIAG

Werde Facebook Fan
Richardmc3280 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Here is the information you requested.

I use HDMI output.

HDCP ready.

It just shows that it is not a 3D tv, which it is.

http://www.vizio.com/e3d420vx.html -
 Filename
DxDiagforpowdvd.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
309 time(s)
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_RICHARDMC-PC_2012_01_04_11_34_18.html
[Disk]
 Description
Bluray Advisor
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
573 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2012 11:45

[Post New]
Hi,

please run the 3DVision setup to make sure the VGA can support this Display

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Richardmc3280 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I did, and it works fine. It also works with my games which I play in 3D with the TV using 3D vision. It is a problem with PowerDvd9. As I mentioned before I installed the trial of PowerDvd11 and it worked fine, it is some kind of issue with PDVD9. Since others were having similar issues I thought maybe there would be a general consesus of what that issue is. But I am assuming by the "troubleshooting" route your taking me on yall have no idea, even though ths issues are very similar?
Hempel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2012 07:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I believe I have the same issue. I also got the PowerDVD version that was bundled with the LG drive. It is supposed to play 3D, but I only get 2D playback. My 3d monitor *does* go into 3D mode, I can see that on the OSD of the monitor. nVidia 3D Vision works like a charm, and I can play back 3D videos using Stereoscopic Player (which doesn't support Blurays though, so I *need* PowerDVD 9 for that). So we can rule out that anything is wrong with the 3D playback of the system. It has to be PowerDVD 9.

For the record, I'm using the 3D Bluray of "Pirates of the Carribean 4".

PowerDVD 9 Version 9.0.4322.52
SR Number DVD110707-06

If you are unable to resolve this issue for PowerDVD 9 within the next few weeks, why not just give us PowerDVD 11 then? It seems to work there, judging from the trial!
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_GHOST_2012_01_10_13_48_26.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
529 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
400 time(s)
Hempel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2012 07:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
As a follow-up, I contacted Technical Support directly for this. This is the response.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with the Bu-ray playback in PowerDVD 9 OEM version.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that as the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for this version. Any Blu-ray Disc titles released after 2010 April may not be compatible with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version.

As you are using an OEM version that came with LG, I would like to inform you that OEM version softwares are customized version by the hardware manufacturers like LG etc. You have received the special customized version of the CyberLink software which is shipped with LG products only.

Since, we do not have much information about the features and internal architecture of the software therefore, I suggest you to contact LG for further help with this software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Tracy
CyberLink Technical Support

So basically CyberLink wants us to go to LG support with this even though it is their own product, obviously? WTF? You can guess that LG will just tell us "CyberLink is responsible"...

Did anyone try with a 3D Bluray from before the mentioned date?
FunkSoulBrother [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2012 08:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've also got a LG D2542. (well ok it's slightly bigger than the author's) but the same.

I've got it somewhat working under the same setup.

SPECS:

AMD FX-8120 (8 core, 3.1GHz)
16GB Ram
Gigabyte GV-R6950C-1GB (1 Gb Radeon HD 6950)
LG Blueray Write (BH12LS3 - Sata Drive
LG D2542 Cinema 3D 25" Monitor

Software:
Windows 7 64-Bit (fully updated)
AMD Graphics Drivers - Rev 12.3 (either current or just out of date)
Cyberlink Blueray Disc Suite (came with LG Blueray Writer)
- PowerDVD -- 9.0.3530.52

And of course TriDef 3D came with the LG monitor by the way which I can use effectively for everything BUT blueray playback.

Of note - the CD that came with the player states clearly it is capable of 3D playback.

First points i've found with this setup is:

- 2D to 3D conversion (truetheater 3D) works sweet - no issues here other than a little out of focus at times - but then it's converting on the fly

- BD 3D playworks works ok for a while but then when the 3D gets a little much for it (@ Full HD res), "glitches" appear - when i say glitches it's like the software has a moment and blots out the image for a second or 2 and what appears like full screen glitches or jitters appear.

- I am using Micro-polarizer LCD 3D which is the type of monitor that LG use for that matter (something the software is unable to detect as the monitor is not recognised - i'll talk about this in a second).

all other 3D playback (via TriDef) is working great as expected.

now the advisor software that came on the CD reckons the graphics card and monitor don't meet the specifications.

I just downloaded the latest advistor from here & i've found that the graphics card is now all good but the monitor is continuing to not be recognised even though the screen is indeed a 3D screen and i've certainly got it working just with occasional glitches.

Anyone have ideas on why this might be ??? I think this monitor has been out since late last year. though it's only just reached australian shores.

I initially had thought my graphics card didn't have the grunt but ive since worked out this is not the case - AMD themselves are calling it HD3D and it's supposed to be supported (confirmed with the latest version of the advisor). AMD also list the LG Monitor (D2542) as one of the recommended monitors to use for AMD HD3D.

Can I ask if there is intention to properly support this monitor as I'm clearly not the only person suffering with issues around this.

FYI - I'm also using the DVI cable that came with the screen (yes it's compliant) and i've also used a HDMI 1.4 cable with the same results. Works well accept for the blueray 3D playback which glitches from time to time - especially on scene changes within the movie. for example is very prevalent in TF3 3D. (interestingly i've found some movies are less effected though. - i'd be almost scared to play avatar 3d the way this is at the moment.)

PS - normal blueray playback is working fine!

regards and thanks.
Peter.