Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks everyone.
I was able to create output when selecting No Menu. I did this on a very small project. When I tried a larger project it looked like it was working but was taking forever. For this I'm sure the video card memory is to blame. I will try overnight and tell it to burn to the BD Disk... we'll see what I have in the morning.

So it looks like I can now create to a folder without a menu. In build B I was getting the Motionmenu error. Now I just get the Burning Unsuccessful message when I try to use a menu.

Carl, I did disconnect my second DVD drive a week ago or so based on your advice but it didn't make a difference.
As mentioned before I did buy a Video card with 1GB memory and it failed in the same way. I returned it because it was $200 I didn't want to spend.

Thanks again everyone for your help.
Hi Phil,
Yes, I agree I am underpowered. It is strange I can produce high def and can't burn.
I installed the latest patch and did a simple test. I created a project with a single stock photo.
I tried to burn a low def format DVD and got an error message.
As mentioned before I did buy a video card with 1GB memory and it didn't change my outcome so I returned it.
I've attached the error message I'm getting. If I can't burn a low def DVD with a single picture without a problem I'm thinking I have a fundamental issue. I've re-installed multiple times. If I can't solve I guess I can keep producing videos and then burning them without any menus and chapters... or buy a new computer and hope for better results.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks, I followed the procedure and have the same results. I've done this several times but never did the cleaner.
Here are some screen shots and the diag file.
I know how to make screen shots but I'm still not sure if I'm giving you ones you are interested in.
It is interesting that I produced a 4BG MP4 file the other night and it works great...it took several hours but worked... this included a lot of high def video. I just can't create a DVD with a menu and chapters.
Thanks for your help.
Hi Dafydd,
I'm not sure I understand how to get the screenshots you mention.

I did buy a graphics card with more 1GB of memory but had the same results... I returned it because it gave me no improvement. I can produce an output file with my HD video clips. I'm hesitant to buy another card if I'll get the same messages. I wonder why I can preview, produce and just about everything else... I just can't burn to a folder.
I guess I could produce a file and then burn it but I would lose my menus and chapter capabilities.

The 2TB external drive is for backup only. It is only temporarily attached and is not used at all in the process.
I'd really like to be able to use the computer I have and not have to buy another one.
Thanks for your help.
Sorry, I didn't mention. I am trying to burn to a folder only. No luck.
Thanks
I disabled the regular DVD burner... same results. I guess I may have to consider a new computer.
It is odd that I can produce a very complicated project with a lot of HD video and create an MPG file. It takes a while but it works. I guess the burn process is far more complex than producing? I like the burned DVD because I can have nice menus and navigation for the output instead of just one long video you get when you produce. Thanks
Thanks James1.
I guess everything is pointing to a new computer for PD10. I am surprised that PD10 can't even burn a simple project though. It is also interesting that I can produce a file on my computer without any issue. I've done this on very large projects with a lot of high def video... it takes a while but it works. The only thing I can't do is burn. THis is what makes little sense to me. What is so much more complicated with burning vs. just producing a MPG file?
Thanks
I'm using PD 10 Ultra fully licensed copy.
I'm having issues trying to burn. I can produce output but not burn.
When I try to burn to a folder I get a menumotiongenerator has stopped working message.
If I remove the menu I get a CES_Cacheagent hsa stopped working message.
I re-installed a couple of times, cleared other similar programs, etc.
I tried a very simple test using sample files and have the issue so nothing to do with my media.
I've attached my DXDIAG file. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Thanks Carl, I will repost in the PD 10 Ultra forum.
I am using a purchased copy and have re-installed multiple times, cleared out all other similar programs, etc.
I did just try a simple test from your recommendation using a sample file and I get the same results.
Seems like it doesn't have anything to do with my media but as you suggest maybe I have a serious issue with my computer.
Everything else works fine so I guess PD is pretty picky. I did upload my dxdiag file.
Thanks
Hi Carl312.
I'm currently using Power Director 10 Ultimate.
At this point I've only tried burning to a folder to simplify the process.
If I remove the menu from my project I now get CES_Cacheagent has stopped working a bit further along... seems like a message comes up in the top left suggesting it is starting to Render and then this message comes up and it dies.
I have saved a copy of the project and am only using a very small set of pictures and one video clip. The on video clip left is fine and I run through the project in preview mode without issue. I will try to do a small project without any video next to see what happens. The video is HD AVCH format. Thanks
Thanks for the reply Carl312.
Unfortunately my project has about 30 different clips so a process of elimination will take quite while.
I'm not sure what you mean by a 'Bad' video clip. They all work fine and in fact I can produce an output file from the project. I just can't burn it to a DVD with a menu. Thanks
It's always the same reply from Cyberlink. Look here for a file and upload... I've done this for months and the problem persists. I have a computer that is very capable with a lot of disk and memory... software should throw errors that explain the problem and resolution... otherwise they shouldn't be sold.
Go to: