Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 10 Burning Issue
DBED123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2011 22:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD 10 Ultra fully licensed copy.
I'm having issues trying to burn. I can produce output but not burn.
When I try to burn to a folder I get a menumotiongenerator has stopped working message.
If I remove the menu I get a CES_Cacheagent hsa stopped working message.
I re-installed a couple of times, cleared other similar programs, etc.
I tried a very simple test using sample files and have the issue so nothing to do with my media.
I've attached my DXDIAG file. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
279 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am not an expert but reading your Dxdiag file you computer will struggle for video editing. Windows 32bit doesn't support more than 4Gb memory and video editing requires a lot of memory, especially for Hi Def videos. I don't know enough bout your graphic accelerator card tho' to comment.
Jim
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks James1.
I guess everything is pointing to a new computer for PD10. I am surprised that PD10 can't even burn a simple project though. It is also interesting that I can produce a file on my computer without any issue. I've done this on very large projects with a lot of high def video... it takes a while but it works. The only thing I can't do is burn. THis is what makes little sense to me. What is so much more complicated with burning vs. just producing a MPG file?
Thanks
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The other option (if available) is burn to a folder..then use a 3d party software to burn to DVD...imgburn is free and does a good job..
I use Nero.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, I didn't mention. I am trying to burn to a folder only. No luck.
Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DBED123,
Thank you for attaching a diagnostic file to the first post in this thread.

1. Please can you attach a screenshot of the edit Workspace and display your projects contents (full screen). I'm looking to view your set up and choices.
2. In the diagnostic I note you only have a 250mb graphics card. this would be ok for SD footage but not for HD video files.
3. I also noted you have a WD 2TB My Book USB set up using exFat and not NTSC.
3-1. Does your device go into "sleep power saving mode?
3.2. I use a "ping" software to keep my USB devices active.
3-3. Which drives are you writing the data to?

You should not be having problems with CES_Cacheagent and i wonder if the file has become corrupted.

4. Have you previously been successful in writing discs or to folder?
5. have you attempted to clear out your cache files - clean up the hidden folders?

I'm fishing for information at this stage trying to localise the cause.

Dafydd
DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
I'm not sure I understand how to get the screenshots you mention.

I did buy a graphics card with more 1GB of memory but had the same results... I returned it because it gave me no improvement. I can produce an output file with my HD video clips. I'm hesitant to buy another card if I'll get the same messages. I wonder why I can preview, produce and just about everything else... I just can't burn to a folder.
I guess I could produce a file and then burn it but I would lose my menus and chapter capabilities.

The 2TB external drive is for backup only. It is only temporarily attached and is not used at all in the process.
I'd really like to be able to use the computer I have and not have to buy another one.
Thanks for your help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DBED123,
I should have included the link to the guides for the screenshots.
Please look up Part E&F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Download "CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.0.zip" from the forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20744.page

Please go to the Control Panel and:
Uninstall PD10
Uninstall both Content packs
Uninstall Wave Editor
Ininstall QuickTime
Please run the zip file CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.0.zip

OK, you have now carried out a double uninstall procedure. The Control Panel method should be ok, I have just got you to use an additional cleaner that fools your PC.

Please now re-install PD10 in the order given below.

Install PD10 exe
Install the Content packs
Activate PD10 now by opening PD10 and applying your key code.
Install the latest patch.

Please now attempt to burn a disc/folder with a menu/chapters.
Please provide the requested screenshots (if the issue repeats).

Dafydd
DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I followed the procedure and have the same results. I've done this several times but never did the cleaner.
Here are some screen shots and the diag file.
I know how to make screen shots but I'm still not sure if I'm giving you ones you are interested in.
It is interesting that I produced a 4BG MP4 file the other night and it works great...it took several hours but worked... this included a lot of high def video. I just can't create a DVD with a menu and chapters.
Thanks for your help.
[Thumb - motionmenu.jpg]
 Filename
motionmenu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
217 time(s)
[Thumb - cscache.jpg]
 Filename
cscache.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
253 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
206 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
282 time(s)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DBED123: Just to add to what has already been said, I doubt that you will have much joy with HD videos with your current computer. I think it might be being maxxed out. You can produce, but you say it takes hours. Burning also includes the chapters and menus, which add serious overhead to the render process, and I am guessing that your computer is just running out of resources.

As Dafydd has said, your video card is underpowered for HD video, and in fact, I don't even see that it is supported on the PD10 requirements page: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_CA.html?&r=1. The driver is also over six months old - you might want to check the AMD site directly to see if there is an updated driver.

Also would be recommended to be sure that you have the latest PD10 patch (1424c).

It would be interesting to learn if you can successfully burn standard definition video. I used a computer in the past with similar horsepower in terms of CPU, though I did have a 1 GB nvidia graphics card and it worked well for me, providing that I selected the lowest possible burn speed on the tools menu of the final burn screen (click on the cogged wheel). Would it be possible to try to burn a short SD video and report back so that we can attempt to further help you?

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Phil,
Yes, I agree I am underpowered. It is strange I can produce high def and can't burn.
I installed the latest patch and did a simple test. I created a project with a single stock photo.
I tried to burn a low def format DVD and got an error message.
As mentioned before I did buy a video card with 1GB memory and it didn't change my outcome so I returned it.
I've attached the error message I'm getting. If I can't burn a low def DVD with a single picture without a problem I'm thinking I have a fundamental issue. I've re-installed multiple times. If I can't solve I guess I can keep producing videos and then burning them without any menus and chapters... or buy a new computer and hope for better results.
Thanks for your help.
[Thumb - error_with_one_pic.jpg]
 Filename
error_with_one_pic.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
317 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
215 time(s)
 Filename
testwithonepic.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
163 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
358 time(s)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
DBED123: I have to agree with you that being able to produce, but not to burn, is baffling. Sounds like it could possibly be a burner issue or a burner driver issue, but I am just GUESSING.

Can you burn from within Windows Movie Maker? If you can, the mystery deepens ...

Please let us know how you make out. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Your screen grab shows you are burning to a "Folder" and not to disc so that eliminates any firmware issues and such on the DVD drives and the issue is narrowed to PD and other aspects of your PC. To further narrow the issue, try this, on this simple project, select "No Menu" instead of that Monoply menu and see if that burns to a folder and then to a disc.

Jeff
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Phil,
Yes, I agree I am underpowered. It is strange I can produce high def and can't burn.
I installed the latest patch and did a simple test. I created a project with a single stock photo.
I tried to burn a low def format DVD and got an error message.
As mentioned before I did buy a video card with 1GB memory and it didn't change my outcome so I returned it.
I've attached the error message I'm getting. If I can't burn a low def DVD with a single picture without a problem I'm thinking I have a fundamental issue. I've re-installed multiple times. If I can't solve I guess I can keep producing videos and then burning them without any menus and chapters... or buy a new computer and hope for better results.
Thanks for your help.

You definitely should upgrade your video card. 250 MB of video RAM is not enough for HD video.

You Sound driver needs updating also, it has a Driver date of 5/6/2007.
Check the SigmaTel web site for a newer driver.
http://www.drivermanager.com/en/drivers.php?Brand=Sigmatel&Logo=sigmatel&gclid=CL_MzNK6o68CFcZdTAod4EaDWg

I think the answer to why you can not burn a Disk or a disk folder is because you have both a Blu-ray burner and a DVD burner. Powerdirector has trouble figuring out which burning drive to use for the burning specification.

I have seen Powerdirector fail to create a disk and fail on create a folder because of the two drives in the computer.

If you dis-connect or remove the DVD drive your problem should go away.
The Blu-Ray burner can burn all disk formats, you do not need the DVD burner. It is just causing a conflict in Powerdirector.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Just food for thought. I have 2 DVD burner/player drives and a Blu-ray burner/player drive in my system and I don't have any problems selecting a specific destination drive and burning to disc when using Power Director. Never have had a problem. But that is on my system.

But I don't think that having multiple burners is at the root of the problem. But who knows?

And.... I have an SSD drive that works great when using Power Director with only 48 gigs of free space. Works well and reliably for the work and disc burning that I do including Blu-ray.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2012 17:12

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you dis-connect the power connector from the DVD Drive and then try the Disk Burning. You will have the answer if that is the cure or not.

It is a simple test.

It is not like you should tear up your computer, I am just suggesting a test.

I actually had that problem on my computer. I removed the DVD drive and have had no more problems burning Blu-Ray or DVD disks since.

By the Way, that DVD burner got put into another computer. So I did not throw away that DVD Burner.

Good to see you Cap'n Kevin.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DBED123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone.
I was able to create output when selecting No Menu. I did this on a very small project. When I tried a larger project it looked like it was working but was taking forever. For this I'm sure the video card memory is to blame. I will try overnight and tell it to burn to the BD Disk... we'll see what I have in the morning.

So it looks like I can now create to a folder without a menu. In build B I was getting the Motionmenu error. Now I just get the Burning Unsuccessful message when I try to use a menu.

Carl, I did disconnect my second DVD drive a week ago or so based on your advice but it didn't make a difference.
As mentioned before I did buy a Video card with 1GB memory and it failed in the same way. I returned it because it was $200 I didn't want to spend.

Thanks again everyone for your help.