Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wow, still no support!

I figured it out for the most part... I bought a Zotac GTX 5600 TI with Display Port 1.2, HDMI, and 2 DVI-D ports, similar to the XFX HD 6770 I had.

I am glad to be back using a Nvidia Chipset, I installed the Nvidia 3D TVPlay trial, not sure if I need or not. It would suck if I have to buy additional software.

But in the end, I am able to watch 3D Blu-ray finally.

Still no word back from any company since the holidays... I will be emailing XFX's customer service rep. that I spoke to about the issue to find out what's wrong. Maybe they will exchange for one of their Nvidia cards.

It just sucks no one here offered any support, I still think it's software related. I am using the same cable and monitor... the only thing different is Videocard. My CPU still listed as unknown. My Monitor that Cyberlink said was not HDCP, shows as HDCP in Nvidia's control panel. And works.

I hope for others with this card Cyberlink will update/patch their software to include the 6770 (which is really an 5770 with update firmware, and HDMI 1.4).

For those with a HD 6770 or other AMD card, I will try to get an answer from AMD/XFX on what's wrong!

FYI,

Cyberlink (actually Blu-ray) does not support True 3D @ 120Hz (only for gaming, not Blu-ray), so I could not use my Display Port, I used my DVI-HDMI High Speed cable to watch. I think it automatically adjusted to 1080@24Hz. I left everything in Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 to auto detect. My monitor automatically switched to 3D Mode.

I also have a 3D ready up to 1440p HDMI High Speed cable coming soon, I will probably be using that from now on.
No solution, contacted Lite-On, Intel, XFX, AMD, ASUS and Samsung... all say it should work and sounds like software issue!

Cyberlink says it's because my HDCP ready monitor does not support HDCP, but if I hook it up to my Laptop and WinDVD installed on it, it works fine.

I will post solution when I find one... good thing I have a fall back device for 3D Blu-ray!
Since the people here and who work for Cyberlink are useless...

When you open the program (Cyberlink DVD) look to the top left corner.... you will see "Cyberlink PowerDVD"

If you click on this the hidden "about" information appears and gives you all the information you need.

I found this out by accident after arguing with the Customer Service email responder kept telling me to click on the about in the upper right corner...

Now I do not have version 7,8,9 or 11 so maybe it is on there in the right corner and it says "about".

But in my Cyberlink PowerDVD I had to click on the name Cyberlink PowerDVD in the top left corner after I opened it.

Also, if you press Ctrl+A keys, it will open the about box while in PowerDVD 10.

Attached is photo for reference!
So do I take it by the lack of answers and multiple posts that I am correct and Cyberlink is giving us the customer faulty software with no support???

Hooked up my monitor through HDMI to my laptop and 3D works perfect with Corel's WinDVD software...

And to any software engineer's reading this... do not rely on ATI's white sheet they send you, do some research of your own, this is why we the customer pay these high prices for the software you write and why you get paid so well!
I have a similar monitor, but I went with the 750 series Samsung 3D monitor (came with Power DVD 10) AMD HD3D 6770 and I too can not get Blu-Ray 3D to work.

Power DVD does not detect monitor. I can sometimes get lucky and trick it, but video is not watchable... not even a little.

I went to ATI/AMD site and got a 3D Blu-ray card, and recommended monitor. My Blu-ray player is 3D capable (reason I picked it over others available that list 3D capabilities).

My Nvidia 3D laptop from Toshiba works well with competitor software. 3D Blu-ray, Games, Youtube.... never had an issue and had for 1 year.

Sorry to crash your post, but want you to know others are experiencing issues.
Sorry, it is bundled version on PowerDVD 10 (Blu-ray disk suite)

Forgot this is PowerDVD 10 and below forum section.

*Update*

Attaching BD and 3D Advisor logs.

Blu-ray appears to play fine, 5xxx series ATI cards are capable of Blu-ray and 3D as is my CPU. I do not pay much attention to advisors as they are never up to date, and mostly wrong!

***Update***

38 views no help! Filed ticket, no help!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150560

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6770/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6770-overview.aspx

My graphics Card, says plays 3D video games, movies, and pictures. The list you link to on forum for AMD's site does not list it, but they still sell it saying it supports 3D games, Blu-ray, and photos. Read the next update!!!

***Update***

AMD's site is wrong when listing supported 3D ready devices.

When Barts launched, the world was told that the HD 5700 series would remain in market - meaning it's not going to be retired. Despite not having the fancy new tessellator, improved SIMDs, updated setup engines and tweaked anisotropic filtering hardware included in the 6-series, Juniper is a great product for AMD, priced well and performing admirably against newer competition. The only real checkbox it lacked was Blu-ray 3D and AMD HD3D support, although the Catalyst drivers were updated at some point in early 2010 to offer HDMI packed frame support for 5-series cards.

When the OEM only Radeon HD 6700 series cards were spotted on AMD's product page, AMD was quick to point out that they clearly denoted the products as being based on the last generation design, in the hope of diffusing the 'Rebrand! Evil! Burn them!' witch hunt. For the most part that worked, as long as you couldn't buy it off the shelf at Best Buy or in Newegg then it's not so bad - instead of having the 5770/5750 as an option, you'd be offered the 6770/6750 instead. Plus you get Blu-ray 3D and HDMI 1.4a support, an important OEM checkbox. It seems obvious that the OEMs desire for cheap, powerful, multi-display capable workhorse cards that do that new-fangled 3D thing easily was the driving force behind the Radeon HD 6770/6750 rebranding.

HD 5750 and 5770 did not support 3D but yet are listed on AMD's 3D Ready list Cyberlink refers you to and uses for it's tools.
I have tried 3 BD 3D and all three will not allow 3D to work. 2 are Disney and the last is a Sony title. Resident Evil Afterlife, Christmas Carol, and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides!

I am using Windows 7 64-bit, ATI HD 6770, Samsung LS23A750D with Display Port 1.2, Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core (2nd Gen) with HD 2000 graphics, Lite-On iHBS212 3D Blu-ray Disk Drive.

All these titles work fine on my Nvidia Laptop with Nvidia's 3D Vision, from Toshiba.

3D Games look good on this set-up, besides Dirt 3 (reason why it's given away for free), but it seems to be an issue with Window Live games recently. Only other games tested 3D on are Tropico 3 and Portal 2, will install Civ 5 later and Tropico 4.

Youtube 3D videos work well in Firefox with side-by-side mode. Only 3D Blu-ray using Power DVD does not work as it will not allow me to turn on 3D.

I do not know what information you need or how to obtain...

* Is this an issue with Lite-On Blu-ray
* Power DVD (all versions)
* Lack of support for new technology

***Update***
Tried DVI to HDMI cable... still does not allow me to use 3D! Installed Power DVD 11, exact same issue! Used 11.8 instead of 11.11 (latest catalyst drivers) same issue!
Go to: