Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 + Nvidia GC + Samsung 3D monitor = no BluRay 3D :-(
x-ray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2011 11:00 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi people,

After some times with Cyberlink support, I've just understood that with my current configuration I'll never get PowerDVD to activate BluRay stereoscopic feature...

The thing is PowerDVD is relying on ATI/AMD HD3D or Nvidia 3D Vision technologies to render stereoscopy. But with my current configuration (Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 without Nvidia 3D kit but with Samsung SyncMaster SA950_LS27A950 and Samsung 3D glasses), I cannot use any of those proprietary technologies...

Anybody knows of a software alternative to PowerDVD that can enable BluRay stereoscopy with my configuration?
If I want to use PowerDVD, my alternatives would be:
- to buy Nvidia 3D glasses while I already got Samsung 3D glasses...
- to replace my brand new Nvidia GC by a ATI/AMD GC...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 15. 2011 11:56

UndertOker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2011 15:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
i have to ask why you ended up buying kit that isnt compatable with eachother to be honest ?
x-ray [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe because I wasn't sufficiently informed at the time?
I thought that the monitor had everything to display 3D, which is true for games by using Tridef or IZ3D. But I never thought that for BluRay 3d on PC, everything was locked by Nvidia and AMD...a weird situation when you think that those companies have nothing to do with producing movies...

Moreover, it seems like a light version of Nvidia 3D Vision can be enabled for TVs without having to buy Nvidia glasses but this is disabled for my monitor because it's not considered a TV, or rather because Samsung is fighting along AMD for not using Nvidia proprietary solution.

And now I really regret wanted to go 3D...Remaining with regular 2D stuff would have saved me time and money...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2011 19:51

UndertOker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2011 15:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
sorry to hear your plight mate

its a bit like the vhs / betamax war

cant you get rid of the monitor and get yaself a nvidia 3d vision compliant one ?

i just picked up an asus 27inch witht he 3d vision 2 glasses
really good 3d on 3d vision

trouble is i cant get the damn software downloaded i bought a while ago
power dvd 10

i guess we both stuck with no 3d films for now lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2011 20:34

x-ray [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can't find any 3D Vision compatible monitor in Singapore...Everything is about Samsung here. So I'm stuck with my current stuff for a long time...I should have get a PS3 instead of going the full PC way with bluray and 3D.
I wouldn't have these issues about Star Wars bluRay as well...
DJ_Myst_007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2011 09:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar monitor, but I went with the 750 series Samsung 3D monitor (came with Power DVD 10) AMD HD3D 6770 and I too can not get Blu-Ray 3D to work.

Power DVD does not detect monitor. I can sometimes get lucky and trick it, but video is not watchable... not even a little.

I went to ATI/AMD site and got a 3D Blu-ray card, and recommended monitor. My Blu-ray player is 3D capable (reason I picked it over others available that list 3D capabilities).

My Nvidia 3D laptop from Toshiba works well with competitor software. 3D Blu-ray, Games, Youtube.... never had an issue and had for 1 year.

Sorry to crash your post, but want you to know others are experiencing issues.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 18. 2011 11:08