Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: If only CyberLink cared With all this time having passed, it's unlikely they'll start trying to address these issues now.

This is just when the issues started for me. I've been unable to apply the most recent update patches to Power DVD or Power Director. Same error message for both, and same 'keep-busy' ineffective responses from CyberLink tech support.

When it comes to issues with CyberLink products, sorry to say you're on your own. Once their sales figures reflect that, things might change. From the look of it though, they're concentrating on their Windows 8 stuff and current users are left in the dust.

CyberLink can't see the forest through the trees...

Yep! Fair comment! Needless to say I will not be trying to re-install the Div X stuff. Most if my players seem to work without it anyway & play most files OK.
Quote: If you're "in contact with those users already" then it's apparent there are compatibility issues with DivX and XviD files in general, not to mention blueray discs. As I said, files that previously played fine in version 11 don't work in version 12. Again, a disc I'd started in version 11 won't play in version 12, the screenshot in my posting above.

If you only have files that are working, you need to try some more -- there is obviously an issue with the software.

Exactly! Agree completely!
I had the same issue as you on my Brand new Dell XPS702x with a newly installed fully updated version of Power DVD 12 Ultra & a fully updated version of Windows 7 64 Bit.

Uninstalling the Div X software fixed the issue.
Go to: