Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
v.12 Ultra Doesn't Like DivX Player Installed
chaznet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2010 05:03 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I'm hoping an update comes out fast that makes this player work. Was extremely disappointed that DIVX & Xvid files that played fine in version 11 no longer work -- and even more so when I tried my to play my first Blueray disc, one that I'd started watching in version 11 and discovered it doesn't work in version 12. Wasn't expecting this to happen at all, and have uninstalled version 11 -- should've kept it

The disc is Mysteries of Lisbon, attached is a screenshot of what happens when I try to play it.

[UPDATE 2/11/12]

I read in another topic that uninstalling DivX-branded player software solved issues with playing back of XviD and DivX files. I was suprised to find that doing so also solved the compatibility issue with BD playback, the disc that played in v.11 now also plays in v.12. It even resumed where I left off when v.11 was installed.

Kind of klunky for standard DivX install to interfere with system funcitonality (unless maybe the product was beta), seems a couple patches away from being ready for release -- after which it'll be a great improvement on v.11

[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
520 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
427 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2012 01:38

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

no problems with XviD and DivX here - please check the PowerDVD 12 must have read thread.

I'am afraid that your issue is specific to your platform and not related to PDVD 12 in general.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
chaznet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Other users are experiencing the same issue and are writing about it in other threads.

It would be better if Cyberlink adopted a more helpful attitude towards it's users.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

we are in contact with those users already.

the DivX and XviD files I use here are all fine and playback without problem.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
chaznet [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you're "in contact with those users already" then it's apparent there are compatibility issues with DivX and XviD files in general, not to mention blueray discs. As I said, files that previously played fine in version 11 don't work in version 12. Again, a disc I'd started in version 11 won't play in version 12, the screenshot in my posting above.

If you only have files that are working, you need to try some more -- there is obviously an issue with the software.
[Post New]
Please refer to the known issue list:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21460.page

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
chaznet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great -- can't wait to use it, much prefer the new UI.

Great the way it interfaces with my YouTube login -- though I noticed at 720p the audio is out of sync. The same videos at the YouTube web version play fine.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 05. 2012 04:35

Vlad64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 15:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Probably, I can give a solution of this problem.I have Power DVD 12 Ultra on my desktop and notebook. My notebook's power dvd 12 working perfect without any problem, but on my desktop I cannot play divx and avi files. I did try investigate why? I found my desktop have DiviX Plus v.8 software, but my notebook doesn"t. I uninstalled DiviX 8 Plus software from my desktop and....
Power DVD 12 Ultra began to work on my desktop perfect. Right now I can play any AVI and DiviX files on my desktop by using Power dvd12. I will be glad if it will help somebody else.
Cuong [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2012 05:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have 2 computer ( notebook) , they are 32 bit and other 64 bit. For 32 bit, Dvd 12 run very well and it plays well with all files format ( avi, divx...) but for 64 bit, DVD 12 don't work with AVI. iI install DivX Plus to both of these computer. Ater computer 64 bit ( DVD 12 don't work with AVI), I try to uninstall DIVx Plus, then now DVD 12 work very well with AVI. Then I try to install DivX plus one more time to computer 64 bit, OOOOOO, DVD 12 can't play AVI. I think maybe have something wrong between DVD 12 AND DivX Plus program, I decide open Div and uninstall DIVX CODEC CODING and keep 3 parts other , they are : DIVX PLAYER, DIVX CONVERTER....and other ( I am soory I forgot...), then reboot computer and open DVD 12 TO PLAY AVI files. Oh my God, now DVD 12 works well with AVI files with no problem. You can try this one if you have the same probem as my case. Sorry, my english is not well. Forgive me.......
chaznet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine is a 64 bit Windows 7 laptop -- wonder if the 64 bit OS is the issue -- whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be of concern to Cyberlink
Cuong [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2012 05:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Wow... my both laptop computer are windows 7 Ultimate, as my case, computer 32 bit run no porblem with DVD 12 and DivX, BUT FOR 64 bit ( my computer DELL XPS L702 ) DVD 12 runs with problems with DivX installed. I try and my problem now is solved since I uninstall DivX codec coding.
bucketbot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2011 04:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If you're "in contact with those users already" then it's apparent there are compatibility issues with DivX and XviD files in general, not to mention blueray discs. As I said, files that previously played fine in version 11 don't work in version 12. Again, a disc I'd started in version 11 won't play in version 12, the screenshot in my posting above.

If you only have files that are working, you need to try some more -- there is obviously an issue with the software.

Exactly! Agree completely!
I had the same issue as you on my Brand new Dell XPS702x with a newly installed fully updated version of Power DVD 12 Ultra & a fully updated version of Windows 7 64 Bit.

Uninstalling the Div X software fixed the issue.
chaznet [Avatar]
[Post New]
If only CyberLink cared With all this time having passed, it's unlikely they'll start trying to address these issues now.

This is just when the issues started for me. I've been unable to apply the most recent update patches to Power DVD or Power Director. Same error message for both, and same 'keep-busy' ineffective responses from CyberLink tech support.

When it comes to issues with CyberLink products, sorry to say you're on your own. Once their sales figures reflect that, things might change. From the look of it though, they're concentrating on their Windows 8 stuff and current users are left in the dust.

CyberLink can't see the forest through the trees...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2012 05:27

bucketbot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2011 04:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If only CyberLink cared With all this time having passed, it's unlikely they'll start trying to address these issues now.

This is just when the issues started for me. I've been unable to apply the most recent update patches to Power DVD or Power Director. Same error message for both, and same 'keep-busy' ineffective responses from CyberLink tech support.

When it comes to issues with CyberLink products, sorry to say you're on your own. Once their sales figures reflect that, things might change. From the look of it though, they're concentrating on their Windows 8 stuff and current users are left in the dust.

CyberLink can't see the forest through the trees...

Yep! Fair comment! Needless to say I will not be trying to re-install the Div X stuff. Most if my players seem to work without it anyway & play most files OK.
GaryPe1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2006 20:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've had PowerDVD 12 for three weeks and am still unable to run it. It crashes every time I start it. I've sent screen shots of everything support as asked for to no avail. Don't know how to resolve....
GaryPe
chaznet [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you're comfortable with prayer, this might be a good time to practice it -- a prayer, not Cyberlink, is about all that'll help you at this point
[Post New]
Quote: I've had PowerDVD 12 for three weeks and am still unable to run it. It crashes every time I start it. I've sent screen shots of everything support as asked for to no avail. Don't know how to resolve....

Hi,
can you please post your case # you got from support?

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
GaryPe1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2006 20:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the ticket number is: •Ticket ID: CS001175791

Like I said, I've been going back and forth on this for 3 weeks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. They have all my sysem information and screen dumps. Please help... GaryPe