Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I found a way to stop it.

If you're using an Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor, go into your motherboard's BIOS and turn off Hyper Threading. It solved both the pixelating and the stuttering problems for me instantly.

It seems Cyberlink programming and Hyper Threading do not play well together. I hope someone working at Cyberlink pays attention to this and rectifies the problem.
After updating to patch 2408, PowerDVD11Ultra now freezes for 5-10 seconds at a time during random intervals whilst watching blu ray movies.

My specs:-

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Sony Optiarc 5300 blu ray player (also tried my old LG Super Multi Blu player and got same freezes)
24GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
3x Nvidia GTX580 graphics cards in 3-way SLI (latest drivers 290.53)
1200w PSU
Core i7 980X @ 3.3ghz (stock speed)
Direct X is up to date and all windows updates are installed too.

Blu Ray movies tested:-

Daybreakers - random 5-10 second freezes every so often
Horrible Bosses - random 5-10 second freezes every so often
Thor - random 5-10 second freezes every so often
Cowboys and Aliens - random 5-10 second freezes every so often

I think you get the picture... please fix it, Cyberlink. I paid good money for those movies and for your software.
Quote: Hello,

if you think you still have this issue on your platform, please post more information:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

BR
Michael

I have tried the quick fix - deleting the windows security update file you stated in an earlier post. That did not fix the problem.

I am using a single 27" Acer 3D vision monitor connected via DVI-D Dual link cable. I get pixilation every few seconds while watching the sci fi show named 'Fringe' (season 2) on blu ray.

I'm using Power DVD 11 ultra upgraded from Power DVD 10 3D mark II and i have installed the latest patch for PowerDVD 11 ultra build 2211

I have attached my dxdiag information for you in this post.
I'm still having the pixelation problems too.

Noteably with Season 2 of the sci fi series 'Fringe' on blu ray. This is not even a Fox product. Warner Brothers published it.

My system specs are as follows:-

Core i7 980X CPU @ stock speed
3x GTX580 in 3-way SLI
24GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz
1200w PSU
LG Super Multi Blue player
27" Acer 3D vision monitor @ 120hz via DVI-D cable
Auzentech Home Theatre HD sound card
Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround sound speakers via optical cable
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Go to: