Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Will do , and thanks for the replies! I appreciate it. I see the new blue fx .exe file in the setup folder but it won't run solo, probably is executed in sequence with the main installer I'd assume. I'll so what you suggested and report back on the results.
Wundabar, they aren't there on mine, I guess that means I uninstalled them. Do they install with the normal PD10 install and content packs (1 & 2)? Or do you have to DL them normally? I'm just wondering so I know what to run for reinstall, just the content packs ( 1 or 2 ) or just the normal main program install.

Thanks in advance
I had deleted my old sony vegas 9.0 and deleted new blue as well as it came with vegas also. I didn't think about the fact PD 10 has some NewBlue effects installed as well. Did I delete them also?? I don't know where to look to confirm. I have looked in the effects room but don't see anything there that tags anything to NewBlue FX.

Also If I did how do I reinstall them?

Thanks in advance!

Quote: I did not explicitly remove PD9, but it looks like the PD10 installer removed it for me. It's not in the program menu any more, nor is it listed under Programs & Features in the Control Panel.

That is strange considering they have this posted: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12843&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

Edit: But then I found this which contradicts that above slightly or puts a twist on it:

How can I upgrade my version of CyberLink PowerDirector?

If you have CyberLink PowerDirector 8/9 version, you can purchase the PowerDirector 10 upgrade version.

Note: If you purchase CyberLink PowerDirector 10 upgrade version, you must first remove version 8/9 if you have it on your platform. If you want to have CyberLink PowerDirector 8/9 and 10 version installed (co-exist) at the same time, you will need to purchase PowerDirector 10 full version, and not the upgrade version.
[b]

that was found here: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12846

I use an uninstaller app (revo uninstaller - free on cnet) to remove stuff so I get all the junk out of my system then install the new app. I don't know if that is the issue though but I'm just throwing that out there. If it uninstalled your PD9 then maybe it overlaid some areas (remnants of PD9 still there) and there maybe a conflict of some sort.

Other idea might be to update your graphic card drivers to the latest; check your manufacturers site and see if there are any updates. I've had this happen using other software packages, new software will have issues sometimes with older drivers. Again, may not be it, but worth a shot.

Here is Cyberlinks comments on video card compatibility: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12839&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

Good luck
Have any of you with poor performance on PD10 removed the PD9 from your system to see if that helps?
From what I gather it used to be that you couldn't have another version installed along side a newer version.
They claim that with PD10 you can have a prior version installed alongside it, but maybe there are some loose ends with it.
Quote: How many patches did they release for version 9?
It's my impression that you basically have to pay 60 for patches. (upgrade)

A patch is different from a full upgrade like PD 10. Patches are usually free. I bought PD 9 yesterday lol, and now they want $60.00 for an upgrade. That would put be above $140.00 for a $99.00 piece of software currently, that doesn't make sense. Media Cafe' was thrown in with my purchase for free but that nullifies that perceived gain.

I was told as noted above though that they offer a free upgrade if you purchased in the last 30 days. I contacted Cyberlink and was told I would have to wait 3-4 more days and to submit another request again. This perplexed me a bit.
I think I may just 'try' and do the refund, not sure how that will go.

I'll wait a few days though. I'll DL PD 10 for now and play with the new features. Looks really nice!
Quote: vesper,
You are quite right to be concerned. All you need do is contact CyberLink and you should be given PD10 at no additional charge. CyberLink have a policy to provide the latest version of PD if a newer one is released within one month of your purchase.

Provide the order number, full name and contact information and support should help you.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Good-O! Thanks! I'll try that and suspend my refund request for now. Thank you.

Update: **Just got a response from Cyberlink support, they advised they can't provide a free upgrade for 3-4 more days. I wonder why that is? Odd to me as they will sell you an upgrade no problem right now.
Just bought version 9 yesterday!! Upgrade is $60+ dollars!!
This doesn't seem fair in my opinion as it is $99.00 to purchase it now out right. This make the free Media cafe' not free I got with 9 and I'm paying collectively over $140+ dollars.
Go to: