Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Only just got around to testing this, works fine at my end all problems resolved as far as I can tell.

Thank you for listening and for the fix cyberlink.
Quote: Hey man, I recommend going here in case you missed it: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19254.page

It worked for me (with 10).

Again removing security updates is hardly a fix…

It has been a month now since this issue was first raised and still no genuine solution.

As others have commented, how does this issue not affect stand alone Blu ray players, surely they are less advanced than PC based players that can be updated with new software and codecs etc.

Having been led to believe that buying the premium version of powerdvd 11 would solve the issue I paid £54.00 on top of the cost of the Blu ray drive and the Blu ray box set and I still can’t watch these films.

I know this is partially down to the DRM used by 20th Century Fox etc. but again I don’t see this as an excuse as stand alone players are working fine…

If I had walked in a shop and bought a stand alone player that didn’t work I would have taken it back for a refund weeks ago, I think myself and others have been patient enough with regards this issue now.

Please fix this soon Cyberlink.
Lol buying a new TV and Blu-Ray player is obviously one way round this issue but is hardly ideal…
Thanks Michael.
Any news on a genuine fix yet? I am getting seriously ticked off with this now...

The removal of security updates is not what I would call a fix and looking at the forums still isn’t resolving the issue for everybody....

In addition downloading another player shouldn’t be a solution when we have paid good money for powerdvd...
Removing security updates isn’t really ideal is it.

Hopefully we get an actual fix soon because I am really not happy about upgrading to powerdvd 11 so far...
Hi,

I am having the same issue. Using the full version of powerdvd 11 to watch Star Wars Blu Ray with my newly purchased Blu Ray drive. The discs play ok but every now and again the video becomes heavily distorted for around 30 seconds or so but the Audio in unaffected.

I have read numerous similar stories on the internet and have tried with hardware acceleration on and off, changing settings on my graphics card and within powerdvd 11, I have tried disc cleaning, have un-installed and re-installed everything. I have all the latest drivers and firmware updates but nothing seems to work.

Specifications are as follows:

Intel Q8400 Quad-core CPU
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
4 GB Corsair Ram
Samsung HD103SJ Blu Ray drive
Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Windows 7 64 Bit
HDMI connection to Samsung 42” HD Flat Panel
Go to: