Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The other posters in this thread are NOT having the same problem as schwam.

Schwam has a dual-LINK DVI display, that means it's using both channels of the DVI cable. That's completely different from "dual DVI" which means two DVI connectors.

Dual-link DVI is ONLY used for resolutions greater than 1900x1200. The only displays in the world that require dual-link DVI are the 30" panels with 2560x1600 resolution from Dell, Samsung and Apple.

If you have some other monitor you may have issues with HDCP but they aren't the same cause as schwam's. The problem with the dual LINK displays is that HDCP doesn't work over dual link.

The reason some of you are able to bypass the HDCP compliance test by using RGB output is because RGB analog is exempt from the copy-protection rules due to the huge installed-base of RGB analog computer monitors. The rules only apply to DVI/HDMI digital and YPbPr Component analog.

Owners of 2560x1600 dual-link displays such as schwam and myself do NOT have this option, because these monitors ONLY accept DVI input. They have no analog inputs whatsoever.
Well I've got bad news for you; the claim of HDCP compliance on the Dell 3007WFP is dubious at best, because no one has yet figured out how to get HDCP to work over a dual-link DVI connection.

Given the tiny installed base of 2560x1600 displays, and the display card vendors being dedicated 100% to getting Vista drivers working properly, I don't think we'll see this issue even hit their radar for quite a while yet. If it's even possible, I would expect HDCP working with dual link displays by maybe late fall 07.
Go to: