Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LOL! Before May??! Game of Thrones Season 3 will almost be over before I can watch my Season 2 Blu Ray set.

It's not Microsoft's fault. I have Windows XP and I did not do any updates with it.

I refuse to use the workaround because I PAID for this product to Blu Ray. All of a sudden it's not working? And there's no permanent fix? Why did I pay for PowerDVD 11?

Definitely why so secretive and why the workaround? Why not a patch? And why is it taking it so long to come out with a Ver 11 patch vs Ver 12? Why are the paying customers the ones suffering? You know Cyberlink, the pirates are using your software freely with no problems while you're making your legitimate customers look like idiots (yes Cyberlink Michael, I'm talking to you too). I think it's time for me to jump ship. I've been with PowerDVD for a very long time (maybe almost 10 years now) and sadly Cyberlink's business practices and customer service has deteriorated. What did I pay for? Probably a headache and a raise in blood pressure. For the sake of my health and my paycheck, it's been real PowerDVD. Maybe I'll see you again sometime.
This is not my first issue with PowerDVD. Cyberlink treat paying customers like pirates. I wonder what's the hold up for a PowerDVD 11 patch? Is Cyberlink forcing PowerDVD 11 users to upgrade to 12? If a PowerDVD 11 patch doesn't come out in the next week, I'm taking my chances with WinDVD. For anyone who's curious about other players out there, check out the link below:

http://blu-ray-player-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

PowerDVD is great WHEN it works but the customer service had definitely gone down hill in the last couple of years.
I bought it right here, on Cyberlink.com.

Update: Tech Support was able to solve my issue by giving me a new PowerDVD 9 download but it uses the same key that I'd always have. So, the PowerDVD 9 disk that I paid extra for is obsolete. This makes me feel dumb for purchasing a physical disk for PowerDVD 11. What if that version of PowerDVD 11 goes obsolete one day? Why did I pay extra for it? In any case, make sure you delete all remnants of PowerDVD from your system. Install your previous version from scratch (mine is 9) and then install the PowerDVD 11 upgrade. I think I paid full price for an upgrade disk of PowerDVD 11 and not the the full version too. $11.68! Ugh... I could have used that money on coffee... that's probably a little more than a week's worth of coffee. X-Men: First Class finally works. Star Wars still lags and skips at some parts. And sometimes the Blu-Ray disks just stops right after the load. PowerDVD 11 freezes and I'd have to reboot my system. This is hitting the power button type of reboot. PowerDVD 11 freezes the system.
Hi Michael, thanks for the link. I'd already contacted tech support with the issue but...

I think it's terrible how the paying costumers are treated as such. I legitimately paid for PowerDVD 9 and now the Key authorization has been taken away from me. Imagine how I feel now that I can't even install and use my newly paid for expensive Upgrade Version of PowerDVD 11. I even have to wait a couple of days for Cyberlink Tech Support to get back to me. This type of inconvenience should not happen to costumers who had paid for Cyberlink's product or any product for that matter.

Sure it's piracy protection but, is PowerDVD still being pirated? Of course! Who's able to use PowerDVD right now? The pirates. Who's losing out and still paid full price for PowerDVD (9 and 11)? This sucker right here, ME! Why are the consumers being punished for what the freeloaders are doing? Where's the justice in this? Even with this type of protection, can Cyberlink stop the piraters from doing what they are doing? Doesn't seem so. Yet, the legit consumers are losing out.
Hi PowerDVD users!

I purchased PowerDVD9 back in 2010 I think, probably in May. It was a while ago. I'd gone through many reinstallations of PowerDVD9 with my system because of routine cleaning up and because of virus issues. Whenever I install PowerDVD9 the activation key that came with the disk never failed until now. I recently upgraded to PowerDVD11 and some of my blu-ray disks would not run properly. I figure if I deinstall PowerdDVD11 and reinstall, that might help. To my surprise, when I tried reinstalling PowerDVD11, I learned that it will not install unless I have a previous Version of PowerDVD. I was under the impression that I bought a full product and not an upgrade. That is a very very hefty price for an upgrade and to add insult to injury, I tried reinstalling PowerDVD9, the Product Key both on the disk and on cyberlink.com did not work. This is the message I got after I hit activate with my proper Key:

"The activation amount for this key has exceeded the limitation. You must purchase a new activation key from Cyberlink's Online Store or contact Cyberlink Customer Support."

What is going on Cyberlink?! I'd been unhappy with your product since PowerDVD9. The software support has been slow. You recommend new product that doesn't work. You were the best, what happened?! I'm very close to demanding a refund for PowerDVD11 and move onto another video software. I am stuck now, not being able to run PowerDVD9 or 11!

I already contacted Cyberlink's tech support team about this issue. I just want to post this in the forum and let other users know that there is an issue with reinstalling PowerDVD9. I certainly hope that I don't need to buy a new Key. Also, if you are going to purchase PowerDVD11, I begrudgingly recommend purchasing the Full Version or you'll be stuck like I am.
Go to: