Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looks like this has been corrected with the update to PD 3305 - Just tested again with the same files, and no longer a problem importing.
I am trying to digitize some personal videos I've made on a camcorder, copying them to a PC using a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 board and PowerDirector 9 64 bit v 9.0.0.3305. These are all personal tapes (birthday parties, etc.), so there should be no copyright issue - but recording keeps stopping with the message that the source material is copyright protected.

When I connect the camcorder directly to a TV, the video signal looks fine. But when I monitor the video signal on the computer monitor while recording to the computer, periodically I see "glitches" that disrupt the video signal. Eventually, the strength of one of the "glitches" becomes strong enough that the recording software stops, indicating that the material is copyright protected. On a given tape, recording stops at the same location each time I try.

I have also added a digital stabilizer between the camcorder source and the video input board (Video Filter from http://home.roadrunner.com/~filter/, which gets very high reviews on avsforum.com), but this has not solved the problem. With the stabilizer in line, I still get the copyright protection error (but sometimes in different places on the tape).

I have experienced this problem with multiple tapes, and with multiple inputs (also when trying to record from a VCR with a non-copyrighted source). I've attached a short clip with an example of the "glitch" that initiates the copyright protection stop. Again - this is not seen when hooking the camcorder directly to a TV. I've also attached a DxDiag dump for reference.

I'd really like to be able to transfer these tapes to digital form, and purchased PowerDirector specifically for this purpose - but am now running into this problem. Thanks for any help.
Go to: