Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Carl! Problem solved: my friend experimented with some settyings and finally we found one that worked.
He also mentioned using ffmpeg, a new program that added x264 to h264 (so: H.264/x264).

Would not have solved the problem without you Carl so many thanks again!
The file is for download on (51 MB 15 second clip):

https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/IToa14DG/f61abd1a401117c35ac458c6045663f4fc1bcc85da38b368022925e399ca9aab6419f48e1843cb5

Thanks again, Carl!
Thanks for your answer Carl. I thought of that, but since I will work together with this guy much more often, I thought this would be a last resort. Would be much better to solve the problem directly (I guess it must be solvable with the right settings and/or codecs).
Thanks for thinking with me Carl! Much appreciated.
Hi

A friend of mine shot a movie with a Canon, resulting file = .mov (HDV; 1080/50i) that I need to edit.

I can play the file in Media Player fine (so I guess the KLite Codec pack v.7.90 works).

But after importing the .mov file in Cyberlink Powerdirector 9 I only get a white screen (sound = okay).

Someone a solution?

Thanks, Daniel

Nothing worked, but I found the solution!
I started windows in safe mode: and the film rendered perfectly in avchd 1920-1080 24Mbps; looking better than ever before!
I am the happiest man on earth!!!
Thanks for your support, Dafydd.
Thanks to you I realized it was just a power-issue, so I could come up with the real solution.
So of course my next step will be to buy a better & bigger pc.
Sounds excellent. I'll be working on it and will get back to you! Thanks again!
Two corrections

1.The second error message does not say 'ca not produce the cache file' but 'Cyberlink can not generate the cash file'.

2. PD9 does not stall (as I stated incorrectly), but two error windows pop up; that you can click away and then continue.

Thank you enormously for your swift reply, Dafydd!

Pc specs:
Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 @2,50GHz
DDR2 4GB 667Mhz

Screenshot (well here's my description):
It does render the movie; but after 100% has finished and the 'writing' process start, PD9 stalls, and two windows appear (almost simultaneously):
1: "Error making movie"
and another one:
2: "CyberLink can not produce the cache file".
Then there is no produce file in the output directory.

Video makeup:
Input 1080p/50 AVCHD video's.
Video duration: 11m45s
Output: either MP4 or AVCHD264, 1920-1080, 50 frames, progressive, High profile, 15500 bitrate (tried everything between 13500 and 22500).

Prefs: shadow files allowed, svrt allowed, etc.

About your proposed solution: that's something I'd be happy to do for a long time already; I notice everything goes well up till 500MB 3 minute movies. If I go over it, everything (adding effects, preview rendering, opening, saving etc) starts to slow down exponentially.
I loooed for it but could not find a way to join the produced video parts again. So please explain the:

Produce 3 files for example
Bring the 3 back into PD and render (use SVRT) and join the three to gether.

a bit! Do you mean: produce two separate videos; and then import the video's in a new project and render one single full length video?? (would that double creation process not result in lower quality??)
Or is there some other 'join'-function (that would be awesome!).

Thanks Dafydd!!
Hello

I am really stuck; I cant produce a movie. I tried everything, all preferences, all settings, all formats, even reinstalled.

CybPD9 still works (I can produce other movies) but there is this one that just doesnt get produced.

Thing is: this one was heavier, longer, and packed with more effects than (most of my) other movies.

Please help!
Go to: