Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Error making movie" "Can not produce the cache file"
[Post New]
Hello

I am really stuck; I cant produce a movie. I tried everything, all preferences, all settings, all formats, even reinstalled.

CybPD9 still works (I can produce other movies) but there is this one that just doesnt get produced.

Thing is: this one was heavier, longer, and packed with more effects than (most of my) other movies.

Please help!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Split the project.
Make multiple pds' and then reduce the length.
Produce 3 files for example
Bring the 3 back into PD and render (use SVRT) and join the three to gether.

Not seeing your PC spec, a screenshot and not knowing the make up of the video or selection means the above is a suggestion and an opinion. Please view the sticky at the start of the forum and provide Part A,B,E&F if the above answer doesn't work. Looks to me your PC is struggling to cope with your editing video expectations.

[Post New]
Thank you enormously for your swift reply, Dafydd!

Pc specs:
Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 @2,50GHz
DDR2 4GB 667Mhz

Screenshot (well here's my description):
It does render the movie; but after 100% has finished and the 'writing' process start, PD9 stalls, and two windows appear (almost simultaneously):
1: "Error making movie"
and another one:
2: "CyberLink can not produce the cache file".
Then there is no produce file in the output directory.

Video makeup:
Input 1080p/50 AVCHD video's.
Video duration: 11m45s
Output: either MP4 or AVCHD264, 1920-1080, 50 frames, progressive, High profile, 15500 bitrate (tried everything between 13500 and 22500).

Prefs: shadow files allowed, svrt allowed, etc.

About your proposed solution: that's something I'd be happy to do for a long time already; I notice everything goes well up till 500MB 3 minute movies. If I go over it, everything (adding effects, preview rendering, opening, saving etc) starts to slow down exponentially.
I loooed for it but could not find a way to join the produced video parts again. So please explain the:

Produce 3 files for example
Bring the 3 back into PD and render (use SVRT) and join the three to gether.

a bit! Do you mean: produce two separate videos; and then import the video's in a new project and render one single full length video?? (would that double creation process not result in lower quality??)
Or is there some other 'join'-function (that would be awesome!).

Thanks Dafydd!!
[Post New]
Two corrections

1.The second error message does not say 'ca not produce the cache file' but 'Cyberlink can not generate the cash file'.

2. PD9 does not stall (as I stated incorrectly), but two error windows pop up; that you can click away and then continue.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi daniellechner ,
A few of things you'll read on the forum which you probably know already.
1. HD editing is resource hungry and needs above average PC spec.
2. Shadow edit files need to be fully produced, icon changed to green in the Library Room, before any editing takes place.
3. Avoid using Shadow edit files when you have a powerful enough computer.

Now let me address your reply as best i can.
a) produce three video files.
b) bring all three back into PD and form a new project from the three video files
c) By doing the above you are reducing the strain on your PC, localising the use of ram to a smaller project and not stressing your CPU with the process. If you've added or changed anything then SVRT wont be used.
d) Producing the video into 3 parts then SVRT can be used and no additional stress is placed on your PC when the video is brought back to one project.
e) Use a software called MediaInfo to assess the quality of your original video and create a custom template to match.
f) Show an image of anything you have on your screen, including error messages.
f-1) we can assess the situation a lot easier and quicker if we have a screenshot of what you're looking at. A picture tells the story

OK, I'm not sure I've answered everything. All the above is just an opinion and a suggestion that you can follow if you want or not.

Please attach the full diagnostic file data.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2011 04:38

[Post New]
Sounds excellent. I'll be working on it and will get back to you! Thanks again!
[Post New]
Nothing worked, but I found the solution!
I started windows in safe mode: and the film rendered perfectly in avchd 1920-1080 24Mbps; looking better than ever before!
I am the happiest man on earth!!!
Thanks for your support, Dafydd.
Thanks to you I realized it was just a power-issue, so I could come up with the real solution.
So of course my next step will be to buy a better & bigger pc.
JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: S.WALES Joined: Nov 25, 2010 04:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
You say to make sure that Shadow edit files are fully produced before editing. But to avoid using Shadow edit files if your computer is powerful. How is this done , can you select that Shadow edit files are not produced and in what way does this help?

John

My system

Dell xps8300
1GB AMD RADEON HD 6870
2 TB HARD DRIVE
8192 MB MEMORY
Windows 7 Hom Premium 64 Bit.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well done Daniel if a bit unconventional.... if it works, you're happy.

Hi John,
Please have a look here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19065.page#99418

Take a look through my bookmarks, many posts which might interest you: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17508.page

JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: S.WALES Joined: Nov 25, 2010 04:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thankyou for that Dafydd.
Kind Regards, John.