Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I paid 40 bucks for WinDVD Pro 2010, and it runs X-Men and Star Wars just fine. I'm done with Cyberlink's software.
Quote: I have the OEM PowerDVD 8 on one computer system. And an upgraded, purchased version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra on another computer system. Neither work with Xmen First Class, neither say there is an "Update", both display a static screen saying I need to update my player and to go to "http://cyberlink.com/BDUpdate". Going there does nothing!
What a joke! Over the last couple of years, there has been one problem after another with my Cyberlink PowerDVD software stopping working for some reason or another.

One shouldn't have to be a IT pro just to watch a damn BD movie from time to time. I am seriously considering going to WinDVD (getting the trial version at the moment), or going old school back to a set top box player. I've already spent more with the Cyberlink software than the current set top cost in the link Matthew listed.

Cyberlink, ignore your customers and your customers will ignore you, and will no longer be your customers.

When it comes to Blu-Rays like X-Men First Class and Star Wars, WinDVD is a better option, specifically WinDVD Pro 2010. I have that and X-Men runs flawlessly, and it automatically updates when needed. I still keep PowerDVD around, because not every Blu-Ray manufacturer uses the new copy protection scheme that Fox uses for their brand new stuff. Keep your options open.
I'm also having the same issue, but I'm also using PowerDVD 10. I also tried it with ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theater 5, and Corel's WinDVD Pro 2010. It works fine with WinDVD, but TotalMedia Theater 5 also comes up with the same message. I also tried it on my PS3, so I don't think it's PowerDVD that's the problem. It's the disc. Or rather something on the disc that's causing problems. Some kind of incompatibility or something. It's not just people here on this forum that are problems, but I've seen it everywhere else on various types of hardware. So, I'm sure it's the disc that's causing issues.
Go to: