Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the update.

I've also found that I can work around this by passing the video file through MP4Cam2AVI, which repackages (but does not re-compress) the video. After going through that program (re-packaging times are pretty fast), I can import successfully to PD9. (But clearly it would be best to be able to import directly.)

Should I be waiting anxiously for a patch that fixes this, or from your experience is this something that Cyberlink will take some time in in addressing (if they do so at all)?

Thanks again -
Thanks - I'm pretty sure I have the latest QT, but will confirm.

Your note indicates that this is "item 237" - is this a bug-tracking number? Is there a place I can monitor the status of this?

Thanks again for your help.
Hi - I'm working with the trial version of PowerDirector on a Win 7 64-bit system. When I try to import video from a Kodak M580 camera, I get an error saying that the file format isn't supported. File format is *.MOV, which I understand is supposed to be supported by PowerDirector.

I have both QuickTime and ffdshow tryouts loaded on the PC. The video file opens OK in other programs on the PC (WMP, VLC). I've attached a short video as an example - anyone with ideas on what may be going on?

Thanks -
Boy, do I feed stupid...

Thanks - I plugged the audio output from the camcorder into the audio input on the card, and was able to record video with audio. (Did I mention that I feel stupid?)

But - I still can't change the capture settings (still defaults to DVD HQ), and still can't select a different audio input (seems to be hard wired to the input from the card)...

Thanks again for your quick help.
Running PowerDirector 9.0.0.2930 (trial) with Win7 64 bit and Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 video input board. Hauppauge board is running driver 1.47.28239.0, dated 8/27/2010.

I'm trying to capture analog video from a camcorder, and I have the analog output from the camcorder plugged into the Hauppauge board. The Hauppauge board does not have a dedicated audio input jack, so audio from the camcorder is routed to the Line-In jack on my PC.

When I go to the capture screen in PowerDirector, I select "capture from a TV signal" at the top of the screen, and then select "composite input" from the settings menu. Video is captured OK, but no sound is recorded.

The "Video Setup" tab in settings has options for "Audio Device" and "Audio input", but both of them are grayed out (I can't select anything here). In addition, the "Profile" option is also grayed out - my only option for capture is the default DVD HQ.

If I change to capturing from the TV tuner that is part of the Hauppauge board, video and audio are both captured. If I change to capturing from a connected webcam, the settings menu now allows me to select the Audio Device (which I can point to either line-in or the microphone in the webcam) and capture both video and audio. Also, when the Webcam is selected as input, I can also change the capture profile.

Any ideas on why I can't select line-in for audio input when capturing video from the Hauppauge board?

Thanks -
Go to: