Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems importing video from Kodak M580 camera
MJD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2011 15:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - I'm working with the trial version of PowerDirector on a Win 7 64-bit system. When I try to import video from a Kodak M580 camera, I get an error saying that the file format isn't supported. File format is *.MOV, which I understand is supposed to be supported by PowerDirector.

I have both QuickTime and ffdshow tryouts loaded on the PC. The video file opens OK in other programs on the PC (WMP, VLC). I've attached a short video as an example - anyone with ideas on what may be going on?

Thanks -
 Filename
Video CLip from Kodak M580 camera.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
Video from Kodak M580 Camera
 Filesize
4984 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MJD,
I have replicated this issue (on default PD9 data) and reported the matter to CyberLink. Item 237.

Please download and install the latest QT to see if that changes the situation. (I have to do the same).

MJD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks - I'm pretty sure I have the latest QT, but will confirm.

Your note indicates that this is "item 237" - is this a bug-tracking number? Is there a place I can monitor the status of this?

Thanks again for your help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just my reference, so I can find the item on a spreadsheet and know what I have done (has been done).

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink report the file can be imported in a PD9 run on XP but not on a W7 set up. The issue has been referred to R&D for a resolution.

MJD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the update.

I've also found that I can work around this by passing the video file through MP4Cam2AVI, which repackages (but does not re-compress) the video. After going through that program (re-packaging times are pretty fast), I can import successfully to PD9. (But clearly it would be best to be able to import directly.)

Should I be waiting anxiously for a patch that fixes this, or from your experience is this something that Cyberlink will take some time in in addressing (if they do so at all)?

Thanks again -
MJD1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 10:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like this has been corrected with the update to PD 3305 - Just tested again with the same files, and no longer a problem importing.