Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have listened to tutorials and look in the guide, but, as far as I can see I cannot fine a direct answer.

The simple question is: How do I change the audio in a whole clip ONLY. I know that if I place keyframes I can change the audio in sections, but I would like to lower (or raise) the sound on the whole clip without having to place keyframes at the start and end. As far as I can tell to do this you need to unlink the audio from the video in the clip and them, it seems that you can play with the audio in that clip, is this the only way? Also some clips have a keyframe in the audio at the start and at the end, but I cannot remove them in the regular way that works with keyframes in the middle of the clip. Does anyone know whay some clip audios have these keyframes and others don't?
Is it also for PD Ultimate 64bit?
Bubba,
We could argue about software til we are blue in the face and get nowhere. The software from the 60's (punch cards, of course) and the 70's worked well. But remember there were only a handful of computer brands, motherboards, etc, etc. When I got my Leading Edge computer in the 70's I thought it was heaven.. and it was, for the 70's. I wrote a couple of BASIC programs and played games (I still remember the "Leather Godesses of Phobos", no graphics, just keyboard comands). At work I used HP terminals that were great after the deckwriters. But then that was a long time ago.

Yes I wish software manufacturers and designers would come up with programs that are perfect, but when that happens we would have Windows 17 or so and it's back to the drawing board.

I could be happier with my software now, but I'll live with it (although frustrated at times).
Bubba
I would agree with you, part of the way... A lot of the video software available have their Aquiles heel. I have been editing video for a long time, first in Pinnacle 7 (I think), then Avid Sudio and finally PD9, and even started to use Adobe Premiere, all have faults..

That said, I would tell you that PD9 has a semi-stable platform, and that is saying a lot!

What it needs is more flexibility in the slideshows (right now they allow for very little self expression) and they should also try to include softwares from other places i.e Vitascene, Adorage, etc from proDad.

One additional observation:

Many of the pictures with the photoTemp name "2011-08-20-17-36-24.JPG" for example, are NOT in the Media Room!

Here is what is happening, although I still don't know why.

1- PD9 has a directory located in (my computer at least) C:\users\edelberto\AppData\Roaming\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\9\Phototemp. This director has pictures from the project, although I don't know when they were placed there (not all my projects have the pictures there).

2- When this happens the name of the file is changed, for example the original _MG_1667.jpg was changed to 2011-08-20-17-36-28.jpg.

3- When I placed the pictures in my timeline all came from my Media Room. My media room was populated ONLY with picture from my Picture folder. However some were renamed in the timeline.

4- Those that came from the photoTemp folder have, of course a different name, therefore although I have the same exact picture in the Media Room, it is under a different name in the timeline, so it does not get checked! There are 68 pictures in my media room, but only 59 in the photoTemp folder. Why (?)

5- All the pictures in my media room were added from my picture folder, I never even know that photoTemp existed until I right-clicked on the picture with the ling file name and the info send told me where they weere.

6- Now we know why the have no check mark (they are "different pictures") but I still don't know how they got to photoTemp or how they were added to the timeline.

Weird!
Hi, thanks for the response and interest

Here is a screen shot. Picture 1 has the check mark, picture 2,3 and 4 do not. Since picture 4 was treated with Magic motion tool I thought that could be the problem, but 2 and 3 were not. Is this a bit weird?
I've run into something interesting, weird, or perhaps a bug. When I take a video, or a photograph to the timeline, a check mark appears on the used video/photos. However, sometimes that check mark disappears while the photo/video is still in the timeline. I thought that it was a matter of those items where I had used Magic Motion and/or Fix/enhancement tools losing the check mark, but that is not consistent. Is this a bug in the program? Shouldn't the check mark stay on the item as long as the item is on the timeline?

Anybody had this problem?

By the way the Avid Studio software DOES NOT have the check mark at all... a real pain in the... you know what!
:
Two things would make me real happy

1- Plug-ins, plug-ins, plug-ins and more plug-ins.
2- A marker that can be inserted by tapping a key while listening to the music. That is, a marker to make synchronization of Music to Video/Images easy and accurate.
Tony
I am glad that you mentioned the high resolution of the original picture. Because I was not sure of this and I wanted a semi-blurred background, I blurred the original high resolution image. The final product was bit too blurry. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks

Ed
I found a quicker way to prepare the 4x4 matrix. In Photoshop CS5 with the "slice" tool one can slice a photo into any number of slices and then save the individual slices. One problem that I seem to have is that the background transition from the first to second pict goes white screen first. The rest of the transitions is very smooth.

Ed
Tony,
Excellent! Now I can try to do some of my own backgrounds. I also was not to thrilled about the frilley frame around the first picture in Camera. Your files help with that. I have one question, the 4x4 of the main picture for the background is not an easy job in the regular photo softwares that have cropping, do you have a good way to do this?

Thanks for the great help.... I still would like PD9 to allow these changes from within the program!

Ed
Barry
I think you are missing my point. I can work with what's available in the slideshow styles, but unfortunatly there is not enough leaway in working with these styles. Except for the Highlight you can not even change the background. Even in Highlight the "background" has to be one of the stills.

I believe that I am correct in saying that there is not a lot of freedom with these styles. I'll learn to live with it until PD9 comes up with something.

Thanks

Ed :

PS By the way, I agree with you that great photos and videos make the project, but the proper tools are a must. I just finished a 1.5 hour video on a trip we took to Puerto Plata. In this video I used all 3 of the softwares that I have plus BluffTitler. I think it turned ou pretty good.
Hi Barry
I must be missing something. There are not too many styles, but that is not a problem if they were fully customizable! I just tried some styles on a group of stills and although I have 7 photos, this particular 3D style (Gallery) adds just two (that show up well) and then... THE END. Is there a way to have this style work with more stills? It's frustrating, but challenging!

Thanks
Ed
Tony,
I've tried several of the slideshows offered by PD9. Good, but I know there is more in the montage themes of other softwares. I hope that PD9 in its next reincarnation can come closer to Avid's montages. For now I will keep doing what I've been doing in the past, using both softwares.

The least that PD9 could do with the slideshows is to gives us a much more leaway on the customized side of the slidshow windows.

Thanks for the help
Ed
Thanks for the help. I believe that the slide shows are close to some of the montages in AVID, but not too close to the looks of some. I am sure that with enough manipilation of slide shows one could come up to some of the AVID montages, but that will involve a lot of additional work. I still think that when you wieght the pros and cons of the softwares the overall winner is PD9. But let's face it Avid does better at some things.

Once again, thanks you were a lot of help and the video tutorials were very well done and very informative.

Ed
Can we expect PD9.3 to have a montage option? I have used Pinnacle 12 and Avid Studio, while PD9 (I believe) is a better software it lacks the Montage themes that are very, very helpful. Are there Tutorials where we can learn to do similar things with photos or video using PIP? I tried and have succeded in making some really basic "montages", but nothing that I really like. Now I am using Avid to make the montages and then turn it into a video and using it in PD9. Not the fastest way! but a work-around!
Go to: