Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After purchasing a 3D dvd, I tried playing it, but get the message "This disc has recognized that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback."

I also ran the BD Advisor again just to check, but it's saying that my monitor is not supported despite the fact that it has the most recent drivers and plays 3D games and regular DVDs in 3D.

I am really at a loss as to why Cyberlink is listing my monitor as not passing.
Quote:
1. uninstall PowerDVD from control panel
2. reboot
3. install the original POwerDVD that came with your device
4. start POwerDVD and check the full version number and SR from the about box
5. now check if there is update message within the application (as you use OEM version please do not use the PDVD patch from website)
6. after a possible patch has been downloaded please install it and check Version and SR again.

After following these steps exactly, I am still unable to use use 3D for Blu-ray discs, only for normal DVDs. Below are links to the 'About' page before and after the patch suggested by the software. After patching, no other patches are suggested by the program. Patch size was about 45MB if i recall correctly.

http://djshideaway.com/PDVD9%20Info.png
http://djshideaway.com/PDVD9%20Info%20Postpatch.png
Trying it now
Michael,
Have you been able to review my last post and screenshots? Thanks for your time.
After buying a dual-link cable, there is no change in the ability to use 3D on Blu-ray. I can, however, still use 3D on normal DVDs. When running the BD and 3D advisor, the results still have the monitor failing the test. I just don't understand why it would work with a normal DVD but not on Blu-ray.

Below is the requested picture of the interface I'm looking at with PowerDVD 9. It came with a Blu-ray burner.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/cyberlink93dsettings.png - the IMG tag wasn't working
I am currently using a Single Link DVI cable, could that be causing the issue?

Also, where would I make the selection to use the "Micro-polarizer 3D display? The current options I am given are Anaglyph Red Cyan, 3D Ready HDTV Left First, Row Interleaved left first (what I choose for normal DVD 3D), and Frame Sequential left first.
Has there been any update on the situation as of yet? Thanks.
Michael, here are files you requested. It looks like Cyberlink just doesn't want to work with my monitor, which is odd as it is a 3D monitor and the TrueTheater 3D works on normal DVDs.
This is for PowerDVD supplied with the LG Super Multi Blue BD-ROM drive which was installed from the CD supplied with the drive; it was updated via patching. The SR Number off the CD is CDS101202-02 and the version number (before patching) is 9.0.3530.52. The SR version off the disc is 9.00.360803. The 'Read Me' html file from 3/3/2010 claims to be able to do 3D Blu-ray discs. I can link to said 'Read Me' if desired. If there is any additional information you need, please ask. Thanks again for your time on this.
Hello,
After picking up a new LG D2342P 3D monitor, I have been unable to get the 3D mode to work on PowerDVD9. When using the BD and 3D advisor, it claims that my monitor fails for 3D. Normal Bluray works fine, but as this monitor works with normal 3D for games and standard def movies, I don't understand why it would list my monitor as having failed the 3D test. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Edit for clarification: 3D mode works on normal DVDs, but not on Blu-ray movies.
Edit after realizing I should supply specs:
GFX Card: Nvidia GTX 260
Monitor: LG D2342P 3D Monitor with DVI cable
RAM: 4GB of DDR3 1800
Processor: Intel Core i7 860
BD Drive: Super Multi Blue CH12 Internal BD-ROM
Go to: