Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Unable to play 3D
thedj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2011 16:30 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
After picking up a new LG D2342P 3D monitor, I have been unable to get the 3D mode to work on PowerDVD9. When using the BD and 3D advisor, it claims that my monitor fails for 3D. Normal Bluray works fine, but as this monitor works with normal 3D for games and standard def movies, I don't understand why it would list my monitor as having failed the 3D test. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Edit for clarification: 3D mode works on normal DVDs, but not on Blu-ray movies.
Edit after realizing I should supply specs:
GFX Card: Nvidia GTX 260
Monitor: LG D2342P 3D Monitor with DVI cable
RAM: 4GB of DDR3 1800
Processor: Intel Core i7 860
BD Drive: Super Multi Blue CH12 Internal BD-ROM

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2011 17:17

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDVD 9 does not support 3D - what Version do you use (detail Version and Sr number) (SR is not the serial key)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is for PowerDVD supplied with the LG Super Multi Blue BD-ROM drive which was installed from the CD supplied with the drive; it was updated via patching. The SR Number off the CD is CDS101202-02 and the version number (before patching) is 9.0.3530.52. The SR version off the disc is 9.00.360803. The 'Read Me' html file from 3/3/2010 claims to be able to do 3D Blu-ray discs. I can link to said 'Read Me' if desired. If there is any additional information you need, please ask. Thanks again for your time on this.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
for escalating I need some more info - esepcially the DXDIAG.
please check this posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael, here are files you requested. It looks like Cyberlink just doesn't want to work with my monitor, which is odd as it is a 3D monitor and the TrueTheater 3D works on normal DVDs.
 Filename
True Theater 3D.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
559 time(s)
 Filename
Blu-ray 3D.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
582 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
353 time(s)
[Post New]
Thanks for your information I have passed them to our team for investigation

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Has there been any update on the situation as of yet? Thanks.
[Post New]
Hi,
we can not reproduce your issue with the build and display you mentiond.

please make sure you use ""Micro-polarizer 3D Display"

Do you use DVI-Dual-Link cable?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am currently using a Single Link DVI cable, could that be causing the issue?

Also, where would I make the selection to use the "Micro-polarizer 3D display? The current options I am given are Anaglyph Red Cyan, 3D Ready HDTV Left First, Row Interleaved left first (what I choose for normal DVD 3D), and Frame Sequential left first.
[Post New]
Hi,
the row interleaved should be OK - please try with dual-link DVI - the BD data rate is very high and normally requires dual-link cables.

Please also attach a snapshot of the 3D configuration page that shows the output/Display options - we can not see the wordings you describe so there must be some probelm on your platform

Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2011 03:57

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
After buying a dual-link cable, there is no change in the ability to use 3D on Blu-ray. I can, however, still use 3D on normal DVDs. When running the BD and 3D advisor, the results still have the monitor failing the test. I just don't understand why it would work with a normal DVD but not on Blu-ray.

Below is the requested picture of the interface I'm looking at with PowerDVD 9. It came with a Blu-ray burner.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/cyberlink93dsettings.png - the IMG tag wasn't working

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2011 21:50

MICHAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2011 20:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am having trouble displaying 3d with power dvd 11. The same problem existed with power dvd 10. I have a mitsubishi 3d tv (2010 diamond edition) and it is connected via an hdmi 1.4 cable.

The problem is that when I go to 3d mode the image seems to be distorted at the edges ( the edges look chequered. ) I am using windows 7.

Please help.

Thanks,

Michael T.
[Post New]
Hi,

just to double check again - please list the BD-3D you are testing.

TT-3D is not working for BD!!

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
MICHAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2011 20:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. Whether I am trying a 3d bluray or a regular dvd and using 2d to 3d, the result is the same - I get an image that seems to be checker boarded. It gets worse the greater I make the depth of field. It has worked well before.

Thanks again,

Michael T.
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,
Have you been able to review my last post and screenshots? Thanks for your time.
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please try and check:

1. latest NV driver to be instaled
2. make sure NVIDIA 3D is actiaved in NVIDIA 3D configuration page
3. choos . 120Hz Time-sequential 3D LCD

thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi,

we can still not reproduce your issue - can you please help to double cofirm the used version:

1. uninstall PowerDVD from control panel
2. reboot
3. install the original POwerDVD that came with your device
4. start POwerDVD and check the full version number and SR from the about box
5. now check if there is update message within the application (as you use OEM version please do not use the PDVD patch from website)
6. after a possible patch has been downloaded please install it and check Version and SR again.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
thedj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Trying it now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2011 13:02

orvoc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 00:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having issues playing bluray movies in 3d. I am running an ATI 5800 series video card, windows 7, and power DVD 9 with an LG drive. I am able to run all of the 3d setting properly with the exception of the 120Hz option (which is what my LG 3d TV needs) the program will try to load the disk and then just put up a black screen and hang. Bringing up task manager shows the program as not responding. Any help would be great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2011 00:13

[Post New]
Quote: I am also having issues playing bluray movies in 3d. I am running an ATI 5800 series video card, windows 7, and power DVD 9 with an LG drive. I am able to run all of the 3d setting properly with the exception of the 120Hz option (which is what my LG 3d TV needs) the program will try to load the disk and then just put up a black screen and hang. Bringing up task manager shows the program as not responding. Any help would be great.

Hi orvoc,

please provide more information

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

or please contact our technical support team

Br

Werde Facebook Fan