Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Carl,
I have created a DVD with one page and 2 menu buttons, One chapter for a video and one chapter for a slide show. I have the setting for it to return to the menu after playing. This works fine for the slide show. When the video is done playing it continues on to play the slide show. How can I get it to return to the main menu after it is finished playing. From what I have read you can not get a return to menu from a chapter setting. It has to be a TITLE. The video and slide show are on the same time line. Menu structure is like this:

TITLE*****
******VIDEO
******SLIDE SHOW
Thanks for the information. I will put that to use. I have one other problem that I can not figure out how to solve. I used one of the scrolling titles to show credits. I created 2 of these, one spaced a little after the other. I placed both of these on the title track. When I playback the first scrolling title all goes well. When it reaches the second scrolling title the video stops playing. I thought it might be something I needed to change in the settings menu but can't find anything. I have searched the net for an answer to this problem but so far have come up with nothing.

I also would like to be able to slow the scrolling speed down. Right now its too fast. I appreciate your comments and help. PowerDirector 13 is a lot more involved than Pinnacle Studio 15 which runs too slow on my present system.
Thank you. I will try just produciing what I have and see if the gap is only there in the preview window. You have been a great help. Many thanks.

Now to figure out why when I save my project it generates a seperate file each time I save the project.Its a the original file name followed by several numbers. The next time I save the project it generates the same file name with different numbers following the project
I didn't think of the problem only being in the preview window. I willl produce the video whcih is about 2 hours long unedited. What sodtware do you recommend to convert the 7 MTS files to MWTS format?
I am using PowerDirector 13 and I am having the following problem. My Panasonic video camera records a new MTS file after the present MTS file reaches a certain length. For a 2 hour recording session I have 7 MTS files in succession. They have always been seemless when I use another brand video editing software. With PowerDirector 13 when I get to the end of one MTS clip and start playing another MTS clip in succession on the time line there is a slight noticable gap, both video and audio, between the 2 clips. How can I make the transition from one MTS clip to the next to be seamless? I have not found any information in the help files regarding this problem.
Carl,
Thanks so much for your help. I did get the menu item working ok. I burned the DVD and the quality of the video was vey poor. Also, even though I had return to menu after each clip checked, that did not work either.

I am leaving this forum permanently now and getting a refund on the program. It just isnt worth the stress this has put me through. I will eith use Adobe Premier Elements 9, Avid Studio Ultimate or Pinnacle Studio 15.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Mark
Carl,
I understand what you are saying now. I am still having problems playing the second project that I have created.
What I did is the following:

1) Under the CONTENT tab I imported 2 projects that I created. As you had told me, the first one came up on the menu as PLAY which I renamed PLAY VIDEO. This works fine and when I click on it the video plays and then returns to the main menu screen.

2) After adding the second project under the CONTENT tab the word SCENES appeared on the main menu screen. I renamed this PLAY SLIDESHOW. When I click on this my screen goes blank and the slideshow does not play. I know this has a chapter mark on it as I checked it. Why doesnt the slideshow play? If I SHOW CHAPTERS under the slideshow the slideshow appears there.

I feel like I am going around in circles here. Trying to create a simple project like I have in the past using Pinnacle Studio 10 has become a major project. Thank you so much for your help in this matter.

The present project I am working on is for a local slain police officer's family as a memorial. I am about a month behind in the project because of the learning curve.
Carl,
Thank you. I am still confused on how the heirachy is set up. All I want to do is have 2 chapter selections on the main DVD menu without having to go to a secondary menu page. How would I do this if it is possible? I like the program but I am almost ready to request a refund of my purchase. This is the only problem I am having at this time with the program.

I want this structure:

MAIN MENU......VIDEO
...... SLIDESHOW

THanks again Carl... you have been most helpful conerning this matter
I am having trouble in creating a simple DVD menu with 2 chapters. I imported 2 different projects, one a video and the other a slideshow. I created one chapter at the beginning of each project. The first button works correctly and the video plays and then when finished goes back to the main menu. When I click on the second button for the slideshow, the screen goes blank and no slideshow is shown.

I even recreated the video and slideshwo from scatch but this did not help. What am I doing wrong? Why does creating a DVD menu have to be the down fall of this otherwise good program.?
Go to: