Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove and close gap
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I stumbled on this feature and used it on the unlinked audio portion of a clip; it did exactly what I wanted. Then I tried it on the video portion of the same clip, and that menu choice was unavailable.

I can't close the gap by hand, because I'm always asked if I want to "insert" or "overwrite".

What's worse is that "linked" video and audio don't move together!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 11:20

Jerry Schwartz
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Jerry;

it's always nice to have new members on board.
However, I now count 7 new posts from you on 1 page.
Politely I suggest you take a deep breath...

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. I just tried it and it seemed to be working as expected. I just placed a few random clips in the timeline and unlinked a few. Then I clicked around and tried it, with tracks both linked and unlinked. Option was always available and when linked, they always moved together. Maybe someone else can try it and come up with different results, __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Jerry;

it's always nice to have new members on board.
However, I now count 7 new posts from you on 1 page.
Politely I suggest you take a deep breath...

I've actually been around for awhile, but on the "other" forums.

I'm trying to finish up a project that I started with version 8, and I'm quite distressed that when I installed version 9 it was like throwing a deck of cards into the air.

I know I'm flooding the forum, but I can't be alone in my concerns. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: Interesting. I just tried it and it seemed to be working as expected. I just placed a few random clips in the timeline and unlinked a few. Then I clicked around and tried it, with tracks both linked and unlinked. Option was always available and when linked, they always moved together. Maybe someone else can try it and come up with different results,

I'm able to duplicate it, but I haven't pinned down the circumstances completely.

If the video and audio are linked, and if they start at the same time, then it works as expected. If they do not start at the same time, then the leftmost portion controls what happens, whether or not they are linked.

I just realized that the video and audio tracks come in mated pairs. That puts things in a new light, and I'll have to shift my perspective accordingly. Jerry Schwartz
Brent E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 17, 2009 11:44 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem as shown in my attachments. I bought PD9 11-20 and have a carryover project from PD8. I have a video clip with 2 still pics each side of the clip. I put transitions at the beginning of the 1st pic and the end of it. This is to separate the individuals of the video clip.
Just following that section, I then noticed a 7 second space in the video track. The audio starts 1st. I have tried to unlink and remove and close gap features. The remove feature is greyed out. The audio and video tracks move together when click and drag either one.

I have since removed the transitions with no change.

My drivers are current as they were updated within the last 30 days. I have a DxDiag available if needed.
Any ideas?
Brent
[Thumb - Brent Audio Video separation.PNG]
 Filename
Brent Audio Video separation.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Audio / Video separation
 Filesize
946 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
394 time(s)
[Thumb - Brent Audio Video separation 3.PNG]
 Filename
Brent Audio Video separation 3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Audio video separation
 Filesize
647 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
396 time(s)
[Thumb - Brent Audio Video separation 2.PNG]
 Filename
Brent Audio Video separation 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Audio / video separation
 Filesize
930 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
416 time(s)
Brent E [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did some more buton pushing to troubleshoot this audio video separation. As discussed in an earlier post, they are linked. As before, I right clicked on a video clip which highligted both the video and attached audio. The menu with "unlink objects" is shown. click on that then unhighlight the clips. You can then move the video to match with the audio. I couldn't determine if there is a way highlight more than one clip so each had to be done individually.

I'm sure I pushed some buttons in the wrong sequence but I don't know which ones. So I can prevent this issue from happening again, any ideas on what can cause this?
As always, the input will be much appreciated.
Brent
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
As insideously frustrating as this behavior is, to help address your question, yes you can highlight multiple items at the same time.

A couple ways work:

1) Click on the first item, then hold control and click on each of the next items you want. Then they all move together
2) As with many Windows based programs, you can drag a box around all those you want to select and they all highlight together

When the audio track shifted out from time sync with their linked video tracks due to a delete, I found I had to time shift that audio track for nearly my whole project. To do them one at a time would be killer. To address this what I did was reduce the size of the timeline until my whole project was on the screen. Then drag a box around all the audio clips, title tracks items, etc that had shifted to select them all. Right click to Group them. Now zoom back in on the timeline to be able to see down to the frame level and slide one into time sync, the rest move with it thankfully.

Painful, but at least it's a workaround to yet another nasty defect in PD9.
Brent E [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanx mtsarpilot
I thought about doing that but my project was just over 40 minutes with probably over 400 clips and didn't think I could squeeze them all onto a page. So I did it the old fashioned way. But thanks for your tip. Based on my past experience with the forum group, someone will benefit from out trouble shooting.
The experts have been most thorough and helpful in prior PD8 issues. Most issues were due to my lack of very tech knowledge. But they walked me thru it.

Brent
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, the forum is always helpful. A great group of folks in this forum.

BTW - you can always view your entire project in a single page, no matter how big it is. Right click on the timeline and select "View Entire Movie". PD9 will resize to make it fit. Elements may be tiny, but they are all there. I've been working on a 31 minute project and this worked fine.
Brent E [Avatar]
[Post New]
mtsrapilot
Great tip!!! I use it in the future.
Brent
markw7 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cleveland, Ohio Joined: Jul 22, 2011 18:12 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 13 and I am having the following problem. My Panasonic video camera records a new MTS file after the present MTS file reaches a certain length. For a 2 hour recording session I have 7 MTS files in succession. They have always been seemless when I use another brand video editing software. With PowerDirector 13 when I get to the end of one MTS clip and start playing another MTS clip in succession on the time line there is a slight noticable gap, both video and audio, between the 2 clips. How can I make the transition from one MTS clip to the next to be seamless? I have not found any information in the help files regarding this problem.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am using PowerDirector 13 and I am having the following problem. My Panasonic video camera records a new MTS file after the present MTS file reaches a certain length. For a 2 hour recording session I have 7 MTS files in succession. They have always been seemless when I use another brand video editing software. With PowerDirector 13 when I get to the end of one MTS clip and start playing another MTS clip in succession on the time line there is a slight noticable gap, both video and audio, between the 2 clips. How can I make the transition from one MTS clip to the next to be seamless? I have not found any information in the help files regarding this problem.

Have you tried producing the 7 MTS clips into one M2TS video?

If you use SVRT, there will be no quality loss.

After the clips are combined, do you have the slight gap where the transitions are?

It is normally just the preview that has that slight gap.

I edit My Canon HD camera files, that are in about 2 GB (about 15 minute) chunks, when the video is produced, there is no gap.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

markw7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I didn't think of the problem only being in the preview window. I willl produce the video whcih is about 2 hours long unedited. What sodtware do you recommend to convert the 7 MTS files to MWTS format?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I didn't think of the problem only being in the preview window. I willl produce the video whcih is about 2 hours long unedited. What sodtware do you recommend to convert the 7 MTS files to MWTS format?

If you mean M2TS format, Powerdirector can do that. Produce > H.264 AVC is m2ts output.

You don't have to produce all 7 mts files to get a test, just two or three would give an answer if the pause/gap is gone.

Put two or three MTS files in the timeline go to Produce and make H.264 AVC 1920x1080 video.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

markw7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I will try just produciing what I have and see if the gap is only there in the preview window. You have been a great help. Many thanks.

Now to figure out why when I save my project it generates a seperate file each time I save the project.Its a the original file name followed by several numbers. The next time I save the project it generates the same file name with different numbers following the project
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you. I will try just produciing what I have and see if the gap is only there in the preview window. You have been a great help. Many thanks.

Now to figure out why when I save my project it generates a seperate file each time I save the project.Its a the original file name followed by several numbers. The next time I save the project it generates the same file name with different numbers following the project

If you are talking about the AutoSaved folder, that what Powerdirector does to give you a safety net.

The correct use is File > Save Project As, give each of your changes a new number at the end of the project name.

Project Management 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o

markw7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the information. I will put that to use. I have one other problem that I can not figure out how to solve. I used one of the scrolling titles to show credits. I created 2 of these, one spaced a little after the other. I placed both of these on the title track. When I playback the first scrolling title all goes well. When it reaches the second scrolling title the video stops playing. I thought it might be something I needed to change in the settings menu but can't find anything. I have searched the net for an answer to this problem but so far have come up with nothing.

I also would like to be able to slow the scrolling speed down. Right now its too fast. I appreciate your comments and help. PowerDirector 13 is a lot more involved than Pinnacle Studio 15 which runs too slow on my present system.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the information. I will put that to use. I have one other problem that I can not figure out how to solve. I used one of the scrolling titles to show credits. I created 2 of these, one spaced a little after the other. I placed both of these on the title track. When I playback the first scrolling title all goes well. When it reaches the second scrolling title the video stops playing. I thought it might be something I needed to change in the settings menu but can't find anything. I have searched the net for an answer to this problem but so far have come up with nothing.

I also would like to be able to slow the scrolling speed down. Right now its too fast. I appreciate your comments and help. PowerDirector 13 is a lot more involved than Pinnacle Studio 15 which runs too slow on my present system.

We need a screen shot of your timeline showing the Scrolling Titles.
I suspect you did not place the two titles one after the other with no space between.

Scrolling speed is controlled by the duration of the Title, to slow the scroll down, increase the duration.

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
If I've understood correctly you put two titles side-by-side in the title track with a gap between them. I've tried this in my PD9 and it works fine.

The speed is determined by scrolling through all the text you've entered in the time it takes for the cursor to scrub along the title item. If you double it's length (by, for example, dragging one edge) it will scroll at half the speed and vice versa. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64