Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello and thank you Michael.

Most amplifiers allow to delay audio, yes, but mine does not. In fact, my amplifier is a simple six-channel amplifier of the low cost Creative Labs series. No money for a better one! ;.

Regards,
Hello again to Cyberlink team.

My version of PowerDVD is 7 (bundled with my LG HD-DVD + BluRay drive), so I'm sorry if this feature is available in current versions of PowerDVD.

This is why I would like to suggest to delay audio track:

In my HTPC (I'm still mounting it) I use a 42" TV as monitor. You probably know that actual TVs have a lot of image processing... dynamic contrast, trumotion, 600 Hz, and other stuff. That takes a little time to the internal CPU of the TV to process data before displaying the image.

I use an audio amplifier that is NOT the TV itself. The audio amplifier is faster than the TV image processing, so it outputs the audio to the speakers with a 1/4 second of advance.

It's really disgusting to, for example, hear a character talking without any kind of lip-synch between audio and video... or to hear a gun shot before the gun has been phisically shooted by a character...

I hope you may find in this problem a way to make your software a little better.

Regards,
Hello to Cyberlink team.

I write from Europe, where our DVDs run at 25 FPS. So, to ensure a smooth play, I set the display refresh rate to 75 Hz (3x25).

When I want to play a Blu-Ray (which runs at about 24 FPS) I manually change the display rate to 72 Hz (3x24).

You may think "Do you really notice the difference in the reproduction smoothness by setting the display rate as a multiple of the FPS of the movie?". Well, I do. The easiest to see examples come with animation titles, or with the movie credits. Try to watch them with different display refresh rates.

At the moment, I manually set the display refresh rate by using my driver interface. I would like to suggest to Cyberlink team to make PowerDVD make this change automatically by communicating with the display drivers.

This is a feature that I have not found on any software player and I think it would be critical to ensure a smooth play of movies.

Thank you for reading.
Go to: