Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When you try to play Universal's HULK HD-DVD with PowerDVD Ultra, It fails to play the disc....instead preferring to stay in file mode. The disc has a little slip that says you need to have updated firmware in your player to play the advanced features of this disc.

Was very dissappointed that I couldnt see this disc as it is supposed to be an amazing HD transfer. I did return the disc once to ensure its not defective. A number of forum users have all complained that PowerDVD ultra cannot play this disc.

I hope a PowerDVD update comes out soon to repair the issues with their first release of Ultra.

Right now I have 3 issues:
1) PowerDVD ultra cannot play BLU-Ray and HD-DVD discs with the same version. You have to install one or the other. Major pain.
2) Power DVD ultra does not work with the Hulk disc. I wonder if it supports the latest discs/firmware.
3) When I play normal DVD's in fullscreen mode, it does not fill the entire screen. There is a 3 pixel line along the entire right side and bottom of the screen. This is not the case with HD-DVD's in full screen where it is perfect. I'm using a 24" wide LCD at 1920x1200, however the line is there even when I'm using different resolutions.
When i do that...there are no skins to download.
Go to: