Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have no problems with that, this is all during the editing process.
It is build 2930.
PD9 is constantly crashing on me. When I go to make a disc, then back to edit, it crashes 50% of the time. Just clicking on any kind of editing button (like fix/enhance or when adding a transition or deleting something) makes it crash 50% of the time.

PD9 is up to Date
The ATI/AMD drivers are up to date
Quicktime is up to date

I just don't get it, especially when using a top of the line computer:
i7 Quad core 2.8ghz
12gb ram
5870 video card with 1gb ram

What am I missing here? For $100 I expected the software to at least not constantly crash when editing.

Thanks.

Quote: Hi,
How much memory have you in your system? Try turning off 'Shadow files" see if that helps.
Jim

12GB. How do I turn that off? Thanks.
OK for the hell of it I tried using the Fast Rendering and it worked for two videos, but not the third. It stalls at 49%.

There is really no way to get this working? 2 minutes instead of 15 for rendering a video is a big deal.
Thanks for the quick reply!

That's a bummer, one of the main reasons I got PD9 x64. Any possible solutions? Also this might be a dumb question, but mp4 is the best option for exporting 720p videos in terms of file size? Most of them are going to be converted to 852x480 flash afterwards but I want to have a high quality version as well for the future.
When exporting a project to mp4 with the fast rendering on it hangs every time at 37%. Then the time to finish keeps increasing. Any idea what is going on?

I am using a Dell XPS 9100 with a 2.8ghz i7 and a AMD 6870 card. Running the 64 bit version of PowerDirector 9.
Go to: