Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Constantly Crashing (Need some help...)
KevinLarrabee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2011 08:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
PD9 is constantly crashing on me. When I go to make a disc, then back to edit, it crashes 50% of the time. Just clicking on any kind of editing button (like fix/enhance or when adding a transition or deleting something) makes it crash 50% of the time.

PD9 is up to Date
The ATI/AMD drivers are up to date
Quicktime is up to date

I just don't get it, especially when using a top of the line computer:
i7 Quad core 2.8ghz
12gb ram
5870 video card with 1gb ram

What am I missing here? For $100 I expected the software to at least not constantly crash when editing.

Thanks.

ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
I know you said PD9 is up to date, but are you sure you have the newest patch, build 2930

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html
KevinLarrabee [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is build 2930.
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what the problem is Kevin, hopefully one of the more experienced users can help out.
Best of luck!
[Post New]
Are you producing, then creating a disk in two separate steps? (I recommend trying that!)

Also, what format are you selecting to produce your project as?

I would suggest you produce your final project first, then use a DIFFERENT program to burn to DVD!
KevinLarrabee [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have no problems with that, this is all during the editing process.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Try disabling 'Shadow File' sometimes that helps..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Quote: PD9 is constantly crashing on me.

Google without quotes: "powerdirector crash"
About 2,350,000 results
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,
Please attach a diagnostic file, a screenshot of your project in the Edit Workspace and if we require, we may ask for some media sample files.

Please see guides, Part B and E,F:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

The information will help members to help you.