Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If you have an nVidia video card installed you can try what I did (it made some difference, but not a ton):
Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel - Go to Adjust Video Color Settings - Choose "With the NVIDIA Settings" and move the slider down to 40. If you have an AMD card there is probably something similar to this in the Control Center...
After upgrading to v13 from 12, DVDs no longer play correctly. Blu-Ray playback is fine, but DVDs will play ok for a bit then skip/jump/or move slow for a few seconds then return to normal playback. After looking more into it, it looks like the bitrate for the MPEG-2 jumps from 8.xx to 13.xx then back to 8.x to 9.x. Playback is fine with other software. Using the lastest WHQL drivers for NVIDIA 560Ti, Vista 32-bit, Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card; happens on both the Blu-Ray and DVD-RW drives.

Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas? If only the studios would upgrade all of my DVDs to Blu, sigh ....
This might have something to do with IE9?
I found a workaround for this, at least it works on my computer with Vista. Go into the Main Settings and choose "MoovieLive" from the left-hand side menu. Then untick the "Enable Advanced Features" option, but leave the features option checked. OK out. You may have to do this a couple of times if the setting doesn't stick, as 11 seems to forget the setting changes for some reason.
I'm having the same Aero/Basic mode issue. However, I'm using PowerDVD 11 Deluxe, not Ultra. I can't seem to find the Blu-ray setting in the settings area. Is it located somewhere different in the Deluxe version? Is the video quality with Aero on not as good as with it off? Can this setting be changed in the registry?

Thanks!
Go to: