Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I've been working on a video project for hours and now am getting the apparently widely-known error "file broken".

This is the second time I have spent hours working on a video project only to have it do this. Fortunately, I decided to google the error which got me to this page.

While I do appreciate the workarounds that are in great supply (No disrespect at all... They all make sense...), I think it is ridiculous that a program selling for $99 cannot reliably SAVE A FILE. This is very, very basic. This isn't a resource issue; (I'm running this on a server class machine with 1.5 GB of memory, P4 Processor, 512MB video memory, etc...) this is simply an example of a poorly written piece of software. I do not believe that it is a sellable workaround to slow down so that the software can keep up.

I hope to see a patch addressing this core issue that has been open for a very long time.

Go to: