Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 and IE9 work around found! What clued me in to the solution was a problem that some folks had with the Netflix plug in and IE9 beta. here: http://www.missingremote.com/news/2011-03-11/ie9-breaks-netflix-streaming-windows-media-center-fix-here

This solution works with IE9 final. My System is Windows 7 64bit. I only use it for media center and I'm not too concerned about any changes to the browser security as I don't surf with this. It's a dedicated system for Media center.

First make the registry changes noted in the link above (you can copy and paste this to notepad and then save as a .reg and then double click it to save the typing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FEATURE_USE_LEGACY_JSCRIPT]
"ehexthost.exe"=dword:00000001
"ehexthost32.exe"=dword:00000001

second, clear your IE9 cache (tools, internet options, delete..., check everything except the first one) and diable & enable protected mode (tools, security, uncheck protected mode exit IE, come back in check it again)

third, as mentioned earlier in this thread do the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD Cinema
doubleclick :
PDVDCM10Service.exe
PowerDVDCinema10.exe
PowerDVDCinema10.mcl
Close any windows that open..

Restart media center. I've rebooted numerous times and everything seems fine.

I understand this happened as a result of IE9, but CyberLink should do more to address this versus try a sell version 11...
Go to: