Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is the message I got from Cyber Link Support
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with remote control issue with PowerDVD 11.

I would like to inform you that, if you want to use the remote control for PowerDVD then you can use Infrared Remote Control so, that you can do interactive navigation of Blu-ray discs and DVD's.

However, media center remote control it will not work on PowerDVD 11, that is why you are getting the issue.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
CyberLink Technical Support

It sounds to me that a media center remote will not work period.
Quote: Hi,

thanks for your testing - the issue is in at RD now

Br
Michael

Do you hav an ETA?
Powerdvd 11 does not work with MCE remotes unless you are running from the Windows desktop.

Pure comedy.
Still a problem. While PowerDVD11 actually fixes the problem of NOT playing in WMC, it also takes away analog high def playback. It actually refuses to play at all rather than step down to 480i/576i .

I think I just gave away $120 US -or- I have to spend another $1000 to upgrade the theater. Not a pretty picture right now. Actually there is no picture at all.
PowerDVD 11 fixes the problem plus PowerDVD 11 is better.
Will PowerDVD11 fix our problems?

Regards,
I am going to join in on this because I too am experiencing PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II that will not load in WMC and skips, artifacts, and generally misbehaves in the standard windows environment. I am not running IE9 and never have. I have an out of the box Windows 7 Ultra 64bit installation and the system has never been connected to a network. Therefore none of the programs required to keep it safe and secure have ever been installed including AV, defender, etc. PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II is th the only installed application on this computer.

Everything was very happy until I watched Skyline (Not recommended by the way) in WMC and about 15 minutes into the movie it began to fall apart. Lots of artifacts and finally complete failure. I immediately went to the internet on a different computer (remember this one has no conenction) and downloaded the latest version of Powerdvd 10 Ultra 3D build 2701 and installed it. I have not been able to play a BluRay since without some sort of bad behavior which includes artifacts, skipping sound, poor 3D performance, stalling/pausing and complete failure.

I too would like to know when the next upgrade will be available that will address this poor performance issue.

Regards
Go to: