Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have a correction to make. When I said I will not post any more of my thoughts.. what I meant is "my personal opinions" here.

I do intend to read and ask questions in this board again. Only the technical questions. To avoid to accidentally offend or disagree with another member of this board whom may very well have the anwer to my questions.

Thanks

Marvin
I am very new and first time to use PD9. I understand the need to look up at that diagnostic thing. I just now realized how.... difficult this program is turning out to be for other users. Also noticed some quick answers poiting at your "Obsolete" hardware have been said rather quickly. I also remember how fast Windows 3.1 ran on a 486 machine running without a match coprocessor and only 4 megabytes of memory and how bad and slow windows 95 ran on a pentium with mutiple times the power and memory. Having a slower machine should onlymean running slower, logically speaking, but here we have errors burning a DVD... now I could go back and do that with a pentium one or even lesser machine so why do we need twin 3.2 megaherts CPU's to do such mundane tasks?

Yes I could burn the video (intensive operation) into a file and then have PD9 choke and crash burning it into a DVD still. In the meantime, other programs..(I am using some free ones this morning) are burning the same mpeg file created by PD9 file to DVD fast and without all these "your machine is obsolete" comments glitches, slowdowns, freezing, rebooting etc.

I became disastisfied after someone made a coment to me on a previous posting of mine. I took it to the heart. Now I lost faith and wonder why, we, the consumer have to go through all this process.

Lets make a point here. You dont need gigaherts of CPU power or Gigabytes of memory to burn a DVD into a disc. Once the mpeg file is generated the rest should be a piece of cake.

I do know that if a good program fails is because a minor issue and I do understand the need to look at the Diagostic file. Hey your Video card needs an updated driver! sure... Hey your processor is pushing along with only 2 gigabites of memory! well that would certainly slow things down. Specialy with gigantic files. How many of you have processed 300 megabite TIFF files in phothoshop with only 2 gigs of memory? The program runs flawlesly... but it takes a while to process noise reduction and other cpu intensive operations but IT WORKS! it gets the job done before you "start to decompose"

Thats my point. If the code is done properly is should work. You may start to decompose while waiting for the program to complete task without a God Like speed of the Intel Core i7 with 60gigabytes of memory but it will eventually get the job done because the program is coded properly and it works. I read that your hardware is antiquated... hmmmm I wonder if this is only an excuse to hide the fact that the program may not be upto the task yet.

I too became frustrated with it and I would not be surprised if my postings get deleted however but not for being rude but for being somewhat skeptick about this blog and program.

I will refrain to post any more of my thoughts here since some gentleman here dedicate their time to help others. They seem to spend a lot of time helping on a daily basis. Even though I was told this blog is not run by Cyberlink... I think it should be so they get more involved in the issues and perhaps be more pro-active at fixing the growing pains every software manufacturer goes through every year.

My thoughts to you hardworking pros and knowledable Gents. Be more polite before you shot someone down with the dreaded *your rig is old* comments. We dont live to update our computers every time Intel or Nvidia produces a new and faster piece of hardware. our Rigs could easily be two and four years old with processors running the the Low Megaherts that are more than adequate to burn a mundane DVD. If the program runs too slow trust me I would be the first one to visit the computer store. Now when I see crashes and errors... I dont inmediatelly say your computer is too old.. there most be something incompatible or maybe there is a probability that our rigs have a defective memory chip? or faulty power supply that only shows the problem under load? (read here processing a video file) etc.

When I tell tech suppor I have error number... ########## they should already have it in their database and tell me.. oh it it was generated because our program stopped a this point due to.... you get my point? as opposed to Let me see your diag file so I can see how fast your computer runs.. It should be more like... may I see your diag file? we need to check if there are any malfunctions in your rig to begin with and well take it from there... Now thats more customer support like.

At this early point if my futile search to make PD9 work I am begining to suspect a programming deficiency overall. I dont really blame it on your rig unless is so outdated that it would take a decade to upload and preview a dvd video. It should not crash though... just be slower than I... ( now thats slow).

Cheers and Thank you for those who listened to me.

I will not post any more of my thoughs here. I wil only concentrate on making this thing work.

Update.. in my rig PD9 has been uptated, Direct X is at its latest update, I am running with 4gigs of memory and a 3.2 Gig Twin processor. I installed and reinstalled PD9. it works fine but it will not burn a DVD so I resorted to test some Free programs and they work fine. That does not fix the problem but it goes to show there is no problem burning a dvd with my current computer.

Marvin
Hello Everyone!
Posting an update.

I found a newer Video and Sound Driver and installed them both last night. I did a re-boot and then try at burning my video straight from the Timeline again. Failed again with the exact same code.

Next step I found and downloaded the update patch to build 2702 and installed it. Did another re-boot. Opened PD9 and now just previewed the timeline to see if there were any noticeable changes. I could not tell but something add happened. It began to crash. It crash 4 times at random locations.

Now I am the end consumer. I paid for a product that is supposed to be working from the begining. I honestly recent the coment of one of your expert guys here whom stated..."Had you provided.... this would have been a less paifull experience" In response to that statement I say. Had the company and yourself advertised from the begining that PD9 had a flaky and unreliable DVD burnign software this would have been a much less painfull, time consuming and less expensive experience.

Had the company provided a finished product this would have been a more enjoyable experience for me, the end consumer. This morning I installed a free copy of muvee and did a slide show and burned it succesfully on the first try. No glitches, no slowdowns, no error codes. it just worked and it happens to be an outdated version. Its just the free trial version from a friend of mine but it worked. No fuss. no finger pointing or anything. It just works.

How is that from a customer perspective?

I will keep trying to make this thing work since I already paid the money for it.

Yes the program saved the copy to my hard drive... yeah! but thats not what the program advertised for.

I have to go to work but I will try again tonite.

I will make time to post all the required information here if anyone of you guys still want to give it a try.
I will not blame you if you refuse. but I had to speak my pace.

Marvin
I forgot something.

I want to attach the image of the timeline but honestly I havent the slightlest idea of what you guys are talking about. Is there a "for retards only" section on how to go about doing this? I would like to become a member of that section. I am really out of the loop here.

I will find a way to attach the diagnostic log pretty soon. I have so much to do right now I ran out of time again.

Thank you again guys.

Marvin
Hey guys, I am back with an update.

I attempted to burn a dvd at the lowest 4X speed. Here is the kicker. It ran flawlesly when I made a very short clip of the pictures and video that comes with PD9. I try running my 7 minute set up and the program chocked again. I went back and made a short clip and works fine at the slowest speed. Tryed the longer clip (7minutes) Bam! back to square one. It doesnt burn my slide show but it seems to work with everything that is very short in duration. You see where I am going with this? so ... something in the pictures or music I used for my Video? hmmm Thats what I thought but please read on.

Now this is where I just shook my head this time... I finally got a reply from Tech Support. Plain and simple they are blaming the problem to my get this... Video and Audio drivers! I dont see the logic there. It plays the video and sound in the preview window just fine so what does it have to do with Burning a DVD? I would really want to know.

So lets see I installed Img Burn in this same computer. then using PD9 to Create a Disk section I "burned" my 7 minute video and place it in a folder, (I unchecked the burn to disc and clicked on the create a folder options) Now I turned around and used ImgBurn and Burned a DVD at 4x speed. Presto!!

I was able to play it in my old DVD player and my New BD player.

So there you have it. My car engine doesnt start because I have a flat tire right?

I am seriously thinking bout requesting a refund at this point. I would rather have tech support tell me... errr we dunno but will will try to find out. but time will tell..I will follow their advise.

for what I see there maybe a compatibility issue with some computers creating a random issue (read hard to find and fix the obscure problem). I dont think tech support has any idea of what the error code means but thats just my gut feeling, not a fact.

Now I will try again by updating my video and audio drivers (I thought I had the latest ones by the way, but then I may be wrong) and see if the magic fix will happen this time around.

I will keep you guys posted.

Final note I have PD9 Build 2701. it reads 9.0.02701. This was just sent to me by their Tech support about 6 days ago. Maybe I should update first and test again.

Am I doing quality control/beta testing for tech support now? They should be doing this and emailing everybody with the updates instead of us hunting for them. We dont get paid for doing this work. I work all day I have no time for this.

sorry guys I am frustrated by now.

Talk to you soon

Marvin
You guys are awesome. I love your willingness to help. The first time I contacted Tech support they asked me to do just that.. create a log and send it to them. So that part is done.

I have a suspicion though. I suspect that the media is not of the speed specified. Meaning.. My DVD blanks slowdown to 4x instead of 16 when I use IMG Burn on the other computer.

I will try that and will post back.

Thank you guys let me try my theory first.

Marvin
This message pops after PD9 finishes the "Authoring" to 100% and the Burning of a dvd begins. It just chokes at 0% burning.

I purchased PD9 online directly from Cyberlink.com. The first installation failed to install the wave editor. I contacted Tech support and they linked me to their clean-up tools and a new full version download page. I followed up their instructions and installed to the latest version. It seemed to be ok but it will not burn any dvd I throw at it. I've tried different brands and same result.

Now, I did a test with a small file. PD9 comes with a small video and I put it down three times and ran the test again and it did burn succesfully but when I try to burn my video it produces the exact same error.

Logical deductions.. my burner is working fine. Theres something in my video that makes it choke during burning? I doubt it its just photos some PD9 effects included. It does not crash and plays the video flawlesly on the preview window with no problems so I am at a loss.

Has anyone any ideas of what this error code mean? I googled it and it has come up before but I found to solutions in any of the postings. I will re-clean and reinstall it again if needed.

Oh Tech support stop replying to me. No I have no been offensinve in any way. All I said its that I followed up and it didnt work and asked for further instructions. Nothing. I opened a new case and I am still waiting. It's been 4 days since I last heard from them.

I found the link where I can pay for their on the phone help.... I can pay to help fix their program. didnt sound right to me unless I missunderstood.

Anyone has any idea of what to do?

Thank you in Advance.
Go to: