Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
burning unsuccessful error code eEB020BE2 eEB020BE2
MarvinRivera2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Honolulu Joined: Apr 22, 2011 06:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
This message pops after PD9 finishes the "Authoring" to 100% and the Burning of a dvd begins. It just chokes at 0% burning.

I purchased PD9 online directly from Cyberlink.com. The first installation failed to install the wave editor. I contacted Tech support and they linked me to their clean-up tools and a new full version download page. I followed up their instructions and installed to the latest version. It seemed to be ok but it will not burn any dvd I throw at it. I've tried different brands and same result.

Now, I did a test with a small file. PD9 comes with a small video and I put it down three times and ran the test again and it did burn succesfully but when I try to burn my video it produces the exact same error.

Logical deductions.. my burner is working fine. Theres something in my video that makes it choke during burning? I doubt it its just photos some PD9 effects included. It does not crash and plays the video flawlesly on the preview window with no problems so I am at a loss.

Has anyone any ideas of what this error code mean? I googled it and it has come up before but I found to solutions in any of the postings. I will re-clean and reinstall it again if needed.

Oh Tech support stop replying to me. No I have no been offensinve in any way. All I said its that I followed up and it didnt work and asked for further instructions. Nothing. I opened a new case and I am still waiting. It's been 4 days since I last heard from them.

I found the link where I can pay for their on the phone help.... I can pay to help fix their program. didnt sound right to me unless I missunderstood.

Anyone has any idea of what to do?

Thank you in Advance.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
MarvinRivera2011

Anyone has any idea of what to do?

First read the
PLEASE READ - PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Post Part A and Part B.

Attach the Dxdiag.txt file to your post. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Marvin: I have encountered that error myself. As Carl has suggested, attaching a dxdiag file to your next post would help us determine if your computer has the horsepower to run PD9.

It would also be helpful to get an image of your timeline (you can use the Windows Snipping Tool). If you have Shadow Files turned on, turn them off. Turn off all hardware acceleration.

Also I have found that reducing the burn speed to 4x has been helpful - it can be adjusted at the very last screen before the actual burn begins - click the tools icon and reduce your burn speed.

We all want to help you out, but we need more information from you to help you. Hope this helps a little. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
You guys are awesome. I love your willingness to help. The first time I contacted Tech support they asked me to do just that.. create a log and send it to them. So that part is done.

I have a suspicion though. I suspect that the media is not of the speed specified. Meaning.. My DVD blanks slowdown to 4x instead of 16 when I use IMG Burn on the other computer.

I will try that and will post back.

Thank you guys let me try my theory first.

Marvin
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Marvin: We will be interested to learn if your theory pans out.

As for the dxdiag file that you sent to Cyberlink Tech Support, we don't have access to that. This forum is hosted by Cyberlink, but they do not monitor this forum. If you want the pros here to assess your computer setup, they will need to have a look at your dxdiag file. Just attach the file to your post.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Karenx14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2011 00:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Marvin, if I understand your problem right, PD9 is not burning your DVD & just stops at a certain % or crashes???? I too have been having this problem. I ran PD7 for a number of years & loved it, so decided to upgrade to PD9. I have had it for aprox 2 months now & have yet to get a created DVD out of it or that will play on my DVD player. Most to not create completely & stop as you said as various %'s but not complete, the few I have gotten to create completely will not play. I thought I was doing something wrong & had been in touch with the forum getting great input but finally got an idea.....I took my produced .AVI in my case & put it into the Windows DVD Maker....Windows DVD Maker created the .AVI without incident & the finished product played on my DVD player without problem.....My surmise:there is something wrong in the PD9 program, or at least the one I have. I suggest you try to create your produced product in Windows just as a elimination process of whether or not the problem you are having is yours or the programs...God Bless, Karen Karen
garioch7
[Post New]
Karen: Are you using the latest build (2702) of PD9? There were some burn issues with some of the earlier releases of PD9 that were fixed with Build 2702.

If Windows Movie Maker works for you, great! A lot of the folks on this forum use other software for the actual burn, using the "Burn to Folder" option.

I have only had a couple of those dreaded "E-series" errors and reducing my burn speed solved that problem.

Have a great day, and thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
What gets my goat is how there is no technical support section which lists the Power Director error codes, what they mean and potential fixes. It took me 2 months to figure out that I had a spindle of Memorex DVD's where some were good and some were faulty. A section that described the Cyberlink Burning Error "EB020B9C" would have (potentially) speeded up the process of isolating the problem.

Cyberlink produces powerful software with appealing interfaces, but the technical support is waaay below what one would expect. But then again, a top-quality online tech support presence would probably double the price of Cyberlink products. I guess the target market is the consumer who wants products at the low-end of the cost spectrum.
-AC
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AllenChicago,
Suggestion noted and is one I made some years ago.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2011 03:22

[Post New]
Hey guys, I am back with an update.

I attempted to burn a dvd at the lowest 4X speed. Here is the kicker. It ran flawlesly when I made a very short clip of the pictures and video that comes with PD9. I try running my 7 minute set up and the program chocked again. I went back and made a short clip and works fine at the slowest speed. Tryed the longer clip (7minutes) Bam! back to square one. It doesnt burn my slide show but it seems to work with everything that is very short in duration. You see where I am going with this? so ... something in the pictures or music I used for my Video? hmmm Thats what I thought but please read on.

Now this is where I just shook my head this time... I finally got a reply from Tech Support. Plain and simple they are blaming the problem to my get this... Video and Audio drivers! I dont see the logic there. It plays the video and sound in the preview window just fine so what does it have to do with Burning a DVD? I would really want to know.

So lets see I installed Img Burn in this same computer. then using PD9 to Create a Disk section I "burned" my 7 minute video and place it in a folder, (I unchecked the burn to disc and clicked on the create a folder options) Now I turned around and used ImgBurn and Burned a DVD at 4x speed. Presto!!

I was able to play it in my old DVD player and my New BD player.

So there you have it. My car engine doesnt start because I have a flat tire right?

I am seriously thinking bout requesting a refund at this point. I would rather have tech support tell me... errr we dunno but will will try to find out. but time will tell..I will follow their advise.

for what I see there maybe a compatibility issue with some computers creating a random issue (read hard to find and fix the obscure problem). I dont think tech support has any idea of what the error code means but thats just my gut feeling, not a fact.

Now I will try again by updating my video and audio drivers (I thought I had the latest ones by the way, but then I may be wrong) and see if the magic fix will happen this time around.

I will keep you guys posted.

Final note I have PD9 Build 2701. it reads 9.0.02701. This was just sent to me by their Tech support about 6 days ago. Maybe I should update first and test again.

Am I doing quality control/beta testing for tech support now? They should be doing this and emailing everybody with the updates instead of us hunting for them. We dont get paid for doing this work. I work all day I have no time for this.

sorry guys I am frustrated by now.

Talk to you soon

Marvin
[Post New]
I forgot something.

I want to attach the image of the timeline but honestly I havent the slightlest idea of what you guys are talking about. Is there a "for retards only" section on how to go about doing this? I would like to become a member of that section. I am really out of the loop here.

I will find a way to attach the diagnostic log pretty soon. I have so much to do right now I ran out of time again.

Thank you again guys.

Marvin
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Marvin,
Yes there is a place to guide you on how to provide information and to create a screenshot - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/67.page
Also see the links in my "signature".

1. We would have pointed out your driver issues/uptodate had you attached a diagnostic file, as per the NEW MEMBERS read me info guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page
2. Without knowing and seeing the file content - screenshot and description, just makes things difficult.
3. Splitting the task of renderring and then burning to disc lessens the strain on your computer (diagnostic please). The reduction might allow your PC to process a partial corrupt or "something" easier.

PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64bit is a step forward in video editing and requires a powerful computer with uptodate drivers. PD9 is the leader of the pack - all others are just followers!

If you're relying on the creation of shadow edit files you may be straining an already weaken system which would otherwise cope. If you provide the diagnostic and screenshot we may be able to assist.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2011 09:25

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
MarvinRivera2011

Had you provided the requested information, this would have been a much less painful experience.

The burning of a Disk folder instead of actual disk, has been the solution in Powerdirector since the beginning.
The disk burning engine in PD is not the best in the world.

Burning a folder will fail if there is any problem in the menus, videos or other stuff on the timeline.
However burning a folder will succeed if everything is working.

Burning a Disk in Powerdirector is not very reliable.
Burning a Disk Folder is reliable.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hello Everyone!
Posting an update.

I found a newer Video and Sound Driver and installed them both last night. I did a re-boot and then try at burning my video straight from the Timeline again. Failed again with the exact same code.

Next step I found and downloaded the update patch to build 2702 and installed it. Did another re-boot. Opened PD9 and now just previewed the timeline to see if there were any noticeable changes. I could not tell but something add happened. It began to crash. It crash 4 times at random locations.

Now I am the end consumer. I paid for a product that is supposed to be working from the begining. I honestly recent the coment of one of your expert guys here whom stated..."Had you provided.... this would have been a less paifull experience" In response to that statement I say. Had the company and yourself advertised from the begining that PD9 had a flaky and unreliable DVD burnign software this would have been a much less painfull, time consuming and less expensive experience.

Had the company provided a finished product this would have been a more enjoyable experience for me, the end consumer. This morning I installed a free copy of muvee and did a slide show and burned it succesfully on the first try. No glitches, no slowdowns, no error codes. it just worked and it happens to be an outdated version. Its just the free trial version from a friend of mine but it worked. No fuss. no finger pointing or anything. It just works.

How is that from a customer perspective?

I will keep trying to make this thing work since I already paid the money for it.

Yes the program saved the copy to my hard drive... yeah! but thats not what the program advertised for.

I have to go to work but I will try again tonite.

I will make time to post all the required information here if anyone of you guys still want to give it a try.
I will not blame you if you refuse. but I had to speak my pace.

Marvin
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi AllenChicago,
Suggestion noted and is one I made some years ago.
Dafydd

Mr. Dafydd,

Since Cyberlink summarily dismisses your experience-based suggestions for supporting the people who pay Cyberlink management's salaries (we the buyers), you deserve an extra BIG Pat On The Back for sticking around and helping all of us. It's obvious from your years of posts in the Cyberlink forums that you're passionate about helping people...even when they're not very amicable. Thank-you sir!

In gratitude,
-Allen
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Allen,

The problem with error messages is that many are Windows generated and are applicable to many software, burning software in particular. At the time of my suggestion the error messages were across all video/software programs. There are a few now which appear to be specific to PD9 but I'm sure this is because PD9 is the first consumer 64bit video editing program and is triggering Windows error messages.

99.99% of the time the error messages are user generated, they're not often bug related. The key is to find the cause and eliminate the trigger. During beta testing I don't recall any error (E) messages coming from the wide variety of systems and personnel involved (experienced to newbies).

I have repeated the suggestion to CyberLink and to a newer group of support management. It might get somewhere. The E messages are elusive and hard to pin down. If it was a bug I'd be jumping in asking editors to replicate the actions...

Thank you for your support Allen.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2011 03:35

Deewilson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 10:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PowerDirector Ultra64 version 9.0.0.3305. I downloaded and installed the patch for 9.0. 2. I have 525 GB free of 659 GB. I have 8.00 GB of RAM.3. I have the latest driver for my CD/DVD Burner.4. When burning I have used 2.0 as the speed (the lowest possible)5. I am using HP Lightscribe disks that I have always used on this same computer.6. I have emptied C:\Windows\temp and the recycle bin. I do not have a C:\temp7. I do not do anything else on the laptop while this is burning. I have turned off my norton during the burn process and do not run any other antisoftware.8. When checking my defrag, it is 0%9. I am not running any other burning softwareI have tried numerous times to burn a DVD in the last 24 hours and keep getting errors. This is the latest one: Burning unsuccessful Error code: eEB020BE2 - (I did select burning to disk and creating a folder) It goes through the top section fine and then went to burn and went to 1% and I got his error.I'm not sure why I'm having issues all of sudden. I have burned several DVD's with this same computer and no hardware has changed. I'm not doing anything different on my end. I have attached the dxdiag.

Please help!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
477 time(s)
Carl312
[Post New]
I did a search for the error code.

I found this page on Cyberlink Support.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14959&

It is a error code that popup for many causes and has been around for at least PowerDirector 6. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: .......I'm not sure why I'm having issues all of sudden. I have burned several DVD's with this same computer and no hardware has changed. I'm not doing anything different on my end.

I've said this many times but it bears repeating: When issues crop up out of the blue it can often be caused by software that has auto-updated in the background. You may be able to rescue the situation by using System Restore to roll back to a time before the problem appeared. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64