Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sure. Enclosed my system's DxDiag.txt file.
Yes, if you set PowerDVD to Cinema mode, there is a menu item called "Video Enhancement". This menu has four submenu items:
TrueTheater (Auto)
TrueTheater (Custom)
Hardware Acceleration
Off
Thank you for your response.

1) Any Anime DVD. However, a good example is Neon Genesis Evangelion (series).
2) It happens when I enable TrueTheater or Hardware Accelerated view. If I set the setting to Video Enhancement to off and then reset it to either TrueTheater or Hardware Accelerated, it works as expected.
It seems that PowerDVD 11 has issues playing Anime DVDs while in Cinema mode. Though they play well while in Classic mode, the colors become exaggerated and almost unwatchable when in Cinema mode. I am using the latest version of PowerDVD 11 on Windows 7 (Ultimate). Any assistance would be much appreciated.
I am having the same issue with MKV. In fact, it seems that DVD via Hard Drive (as oppose to disc) has a similar issue. When PowerDVD 11 plays a VOB directly, the quality of the image (especially interlaced video) suffers greatly. The irony is, PowerDVD 10 doesn't seem to possess these issue.
The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000.
It's running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

All the media specific keys work on PowerDVD 11 Classic Mode. However, if I switch to Cinema Mode, these keys are ignored.
I'm having issues with my wireless keyboard controls (Stop, Pause, Play buttons), as well. However, this only happens when the PowerDVD is in Cinema mode. If you set it to Classic mode, my keyboard controls work well.

Please be aware that the Space bar does work to Pause/Play movies. However, the Play/Pause button doesn't.
Quote: Customers should be aware that Cyberlink's products are very buggy - many customers report all sorts of problems with PowerDVD.

One thorny issue is the misleading advertising - it is very UNCLEAR which version is required to play Blu-Rays - numerous people get stuck on that, but it appears Cyblerlink likes it that way. The comparison charts are NOT clear, they seem designed to confuse.

Be wary of this product, and this company.

That's the truth. I have several situations. First, I cannot play blu-ray discs (physical or via Virtual Clone/iso) from Windows Media Center (it just stalls and crashes WMC). Second, if I instal the latest update, I cannot play any blu-ray discs (via Virtual Clone/iso) in Cinema mode. It says the disc isn't supported. However, if I place the original disc, it works fine. Third, I have yet to get a valid response from Customer Support. It's really frustrating when you pay for a product to find it doesn't work.
Go to: