Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Carl312. I don't see WaveEditor mentioned at all there (as being included or excluded); so, I'm assuming that maybe it just isn't included in the trial.

As a temporary workaround, I edited my sound file with Audacity (freeware). Once I saw that I had another workable option if all else failed, I went ahead and purchased the full version. When I installed that WaveEditor also installed and seems to work fine now.
I am still on my trial period and as far as I can tell, the WaveEditor was not included in my trial installation file. I really like the product so far except for this one thing that I can't get to work. I am concerned that if I go ahead and purchase it; I will still not be able to get it to work. I don't see anything about the WaveEditor not being included in the trial version. Some forum posts I have seen seem to indicate that others have used it during their trial.

Is there a way to obtain the WaveEditor files while still in the trial period? I have tried multiple full uninstall / re-installs.

When the initial CNET version (CyberLink2504_trial_VDE101208-06 which equates to Powerdirector Trial 9.0.0.2504) did not work, I tried a slightly different version from Softpedia (Cyberlink_2316_trial_VDE100914-01) with the same result. I've gone back to the CNET version since it looks like it is probably more recent but continue to get the "CyberLink PowerDirector could not launch CyberLink WaveEditor. Try re-installing the WaveEditor Program" message.

It would seem to me if the WaveEditor was deliberately left out of the trial version it would be giving me a message to that effect instead of this error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also have a similar issue. I am still on my trial period and as far as I can tell, the WaveEditor was not included in my trial installation file. I really like the product so far except for this one thing that I can't get to work. I am concerned that if I go ahead and purchase it; I will still not be able to get it to work.

Is there a way to obtain the WaveEditor files while still in the trial period? I have tried multiple full uninstall / re-installs. When the initial CNET version (CyberLink2504_trial_VDE101208-06) did not work, I tried a slightly different version from Softpedia (Cyberlink_2316_trial_VDE100914-01) with the same result. I've gone back to the CNET version since it looks like it is probably more recent but continue to get the "CyberLink PowerDirector could not launch CyberLink WaveEditor. Try re-installing the WaveEditor Program" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to: